Photo
- - - - -

I cannot publish Youtube videos correctly on my blog.

youtube

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marakame

marakame

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

I am using PAGELINES DMS and it seems there is something that is not working well in my blog. I need to publish a Youtube video but it does not appear on the list of my posts, it only appears if I click on it and it takes me to the post. Can someone help me?

35o0.png

Only appears if I click on it and it takes me to the post!

wnq5.png

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15217 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi,

This is because iframe hasn't been added to the allowed tags in your Post Loop section settings. To resolve this goto your Blog page, click edit on the PostLoop section and then in the Allowed Tags field add

<iframe>

Click publish and refresh, your video should now display.

#3 marakame

marakame

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Thank you very much, and I followed the steps you recommended but now I have a major problem. My following your recommendations has caused my whole site to blank out. can you help me with that, thank you very much!

Hi,

This is because iframe hasn't been added to the allowed tags in your Post Loop section settings. To resolve this goto your Blog page, click edit on the PostLoop section and then in the Allowed Tags field add

<iframe>

Click publish and refresh, your video should now display.

Thank you very much @Danny  I followed the steps you recommended but now I have a major problem. My following your recommendations has caused my whole site to blank out. Can you help me with that, thank you very much!

#4 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi @marakame - Have you tried removing the code to resolve the problem? Also could you provide a link to your site for us to look at?

#5 marakame

marakame

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi @marakame - Have you tried removing the code to resolve the problem? Also could you provide a link to your site for us to look at?

Hi @Jake If I remove the code I still have the same problem of not being able to post videos from youtube :(

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi there,

I've tested this out on my local install and it seems to be working.

Did you make sure the embed code started <iframe> and wasn't the old <object> embed code? I tested using the iframe code and then placing <iframe> into the allowed tags field like Danny suggested, save the republished and it came out as - http://screencast.com/t/pUL32psn

When the screen blanked out did you get any error messages? I'd say try again in case there was an error somewhere, disable your plugins first incase there's a conflict.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: youtube