Photo

Latest News Page Updates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hi, Firstly I'd just like to state for the record that I am total noob with WP. I bought the pro +plus bundle last week and have set about developing our website with the platform pro theme. So far it has not been too bad, however I have an issue that I am hoping someone on here could help me with. I want the ability to be able to add news items on a regular basis and have them show up in my news page and as a summary latest news section in the sidear (both of which I have created). Can anyone tell me how I go about adding an item or post and have it automatically show up on the news page ? Many thanks Steve

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Do posts in some form work for your news page? If not, have you looked around for plugins?

#3 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hi Andrew, Maybe I am not explaining myself very well. When I log into my wp-admin and I click on post, I can create a post and have it allocated to my news & events category. The post then appears in my sidebar as latest news and it's all good. However when I click on my news and events page. Nothing is there. I am guessing this is an issue, with pages v posts.... I guess what I am asking is can i have posts automatically be sent to a page, if that makes sense. Any help would be great. Cheers S

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

Do you mean that you want posts to be displayed on a page or do you want to know how the posts in the "news & events" category could be displayed on one page?

#5 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

I would like posts from my "news & events" category to be shown on an existing page.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Can you send me a link to that existing page where you want those posts to show up? (Note: There is already a "News & Events" category page)

#7 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hi Catrina, Here is the news & events page.. Note the latest news on the right hand side http://blog.calibre-...net/?page_id=63

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hello, Rather than adjusting it so that the posts show up on that page, perhaps it's best if the link in the navigation menus are replaced with the link for the "News & Events" category page (since the posts are already showing up there, anyway). Would you like to do this? Also, what is the link to the "News & Events" category page?

#9 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hi Catrina. That would be great, if you can tell me how replace the link to the correct category.. Ta S