Customize Post Page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RunningTexan

RunningTexan

• Members

• 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I don't know if this is a question for WordPress or for PageLines.  So I'll start here.

I want my blog (www.makethebodyfollow.com) post pages to look like the landing page.  In that I want to have three columns on the post page with the selected post to be read in the middle column.  Not sure how to customize the post page to do that...I hope that's a clear question.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

HI,

I assumed by columns you're referring to, the left column being a widget area, the center column containing your post(s) and the right column being a widget area too ?

If that is the case, all you need to do is, go to one of your posts, then create that layout using the 3 column layout section. Once added, in the left & columns add either the Sidebar or Widgetizer section and in the center column add the Content/PostLoop section.

Once all the above has been completed, you should have your preferred layout, the only thing you will need to do now is reduce the size of the left and right column and increase the width of the center column, something like:

Left Column = 3/12

Center Column = 6/12

Right Column = 3/12

Now that you have your Post page configured, go to DMS Toolbar > Templates and save this template, call it Single Post. This will now effect all single post pages.