Photo
Academy

Blog Page Looks Different Than Demo

Best Answer James Giroux , 20 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hey Peter!

Thanks for the message.  There are two things that can work from what I understand:

1. If you haven't, make you click the import child theme config button on the import/export page in the options panel.  

2. If it still isn't showing up then or you don't want to do that, then make sure in your post loop settings you have set the author meta mode to avatar as you see in this screenshot (http://screencast.com/t/0oWsRx7YHDPa).

That's it!

Enjoy the theme and have fun building!

James.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi James,

I just installed the Academy theme onto a staging area of my website. My blog archive page doesn't look like the one in the demo. It lacks the author image and the metadata that shows to the left of the feature image for each blog entry.

By any chance would you happen to know why that is? http://ccsb.staging.wpengine.com/blog

Thanks James!

Peter

#2 James Giroux

James Giroux

• Members

• 123 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:59 PM   Best Answer

Hey Peter!

Thanks for the message.  There are two things that can work from what I understand:

1. If you haven't, make you click the import child theme config button on the import/export page in the options panel.  

2. If it still isn't showing up then or you don't want to do that, then make sure in your post loop settings you have set the author meta mode to avatar as you see in this screenshot (http://screencast.com/t/0oWsRx7YHDPa).

That's it!

Enjoy the theme and have fun building!

James.

#3 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

That was it James, you're a genius! I made the change in your screenshot and everything works perfectly.

Great job by the way on the theme, it looks great.

I have another question but I'm not sure if you're able to answer it here or if I should open up a new topic. I added the Academy NavBar to the header of my website but I don't see an option to make it full width and sticky like in your demo.

Am I missing something?

Thanks James!

Peter

#4 James Giroux

James Giroux

• Members

• 123 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hey Peter,

Sorry for the delayed response on this.  You should be able to see it on the global options panel.  

James.

#5 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

No problem James, I can only imagine how busy you are.

I took a screenshot of the option, is this the right one that I'm supposed to be clicking?  If it is, is my logo image limited to 29 pixels in height?

https://www.dropbox.... navigation.jpg

#6 James Giroux

James Giroux

• Members

• 123 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Hey Peter,

Sorry again for the delay in responding, I was away speaking at a conference this past week/weekend.  Crazy times.  Anyway, to answer your question, you're not limited to 29px if you're using the theme.  The max-height is set to 4em's.

You've found the right options panel too!  And checking the 'fixed navbar' option is how you get it to stay on top of the page.

James.

• peterguirguis likes this

#7 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thanks so much James!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Academy