Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 column width post layout

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys, I want to get a 4 col post layout. I used Anything Boxes with Framework which worked fine but can't work out how to do this with DMS. Any hints please?

25 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

AnyThing Boxes isn't available for DMS unfortunately. Therefore you will most likely need to find an alternative plugin, I never used AnythingBoxes so I am not entirely sure what it did. However, you can easily create a four column layout using the grid and a plugin such as MiniLoop.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/mini-loops/

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny. I've found Flipper that seems to do the trick.

I have another issue. When I go to a page and try to select a template I have created, I then hit update and it just springs back to 'Select Template'. Is this a bug?

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Hi Ben,

That has been reported to our tracker already and our developers are aware of it. In the meantime, you will need to assign the template to the page via the DMS Visual Editor.

Posted · Report post

Ok got it, thanks Danny. 

Where do I control the layout, metabar etc of a blog post? Framework had very clear controls for this. I can't understand how it works with DMS!!

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

When you view you single post, click the edit (pencil icon) to bring up the options.

http://d.pr/i/PZZj

Posted · Report post

But I only get Styling Classes. No options to remove the meta, strip it down or anything else. Do all changes need to be done by using custom css? With framework I had so much flexibity at my fingertips!

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

You click edit on the PostLoop section itself when viewing your single post. If you see no options you're clicking on the wrong section.

Can you post a screenshot of what section you're clicking edit on please.

Posted · Report post

I see. Got it now thanks. One last thing I can't find them I think I'm on my way with DMS. How do I hide the rev slider on certain pages? ie the blog post and blog pages?

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

You could either use CSS to hide the Slider on particular pages - or have a new template without those elements on the blog template/ 

Posted · Report post

But changing a template just changes the particular page you are on right? I need to change the template for all blog posts. This is confusing!

What would the CSS be to hide it? I think it might be easier to do everything with css.

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Hello Motionltd 

Show me a page with it on and i will show you the CSS to hide it :) 

Posted · Report post

But can't I just apply a blanket rule to all blog and blog post pages? In Framework, under drag and drop templates I could specify what was on ALL blog posts. Very easy to have the feature slider on which ever page you wanted. Can I do that with DMS?

Posted · Report post

Hi motionltd - Absolutely. If you'd like to have a particular slider show on ALL blog posts, you would just want to drop that slider (or use a textbox and shortcode if it's a 3rd party) onto any blog page you have open using the DMS visual editor. If you then want to hide that slider on particular blog posts, you would need to use CSS at that point to remove it manually. 

Posted · Report post

Hi Jake, thanks for your response. I see how that works. But what I want is to have the REV slider on the home page but no other pages. I don't want to have to specify not to have it on each page. Is that possible?

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Hi motionltd - Absolutely! But before I answer, I have a question...is your homepage also your blog page? Meaning, what is set as the blog page in the WordPress dashboard - Settings - Reading?

Posted · Report post

I have it set as a static page, my home page.

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Beautiful. OK, so what you want to do is navigate to your homepage, when logged in and drag the rev slider to that and it will show only to that page, not to the blog posts themselves. It's really that easy!

Posted · Report post

Ah got it. My mistake. I had the REV slider in the header. Same would have happened in FW. Ok thats good. I have it sorted. 

All of a sudden though the logo image is showing a broken image icon. Nothing has changed and it shows in Firefox.

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Hi Ben,

I can see your logo in firefox, chrome and safari. Have you managed to fix this since the last post?

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys, still no logo. I've tried deactivating plugins, resaving the JPEG. I'm betting its something simple but I just can't see whats wrong. 

The site is:

www.anthonygodin.co.uk

PW: password10

Posted · Report post

I have done that. And I will try it again and manually paste the image url in. But if I just want to load a new logo, should it not clear the cache or something? Should I have to manually input the image url?

Posted · Report post

Hi motionltd,

You're not the only person recently reporting this issue.  

I have reported the condition to our bug reporting system.   What version of DMS are you using?

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob.  I have just updated DMS, but the problem remains. Any news on a fix? I need to get this site live by Friday.

Also, should I upgrade to WP 3.7??

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Hello Motionltd

If you can create an admin level account for your site and send the credentials to hello @ pagelines.com - i will jump on your site and take a closer look at this for you.