4 replies to this topic

#1 kulmetehan

kulmetehan

• Members

• 104 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hi guys,

I was going to post this in the WooCommerce part of the forum, but wasn't able to. That's why I'm posting it here. I have some trouble with WooCommerce on my pagelines website and I thought you guys could maybe help me out. 

Last time I filed a support ticket at WooCommerce it took them some time to reply :)

Anyway...

First of all, I can't seem to find where I can change the e-mail address e-mails, about for example a new order, get sent to.

Second, it would be awesome if you guys also knew how to customize/edit the e-mail texts and template.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

The emails get sent to the main site administrator, under wp-admin => settings => general.

All the woocommerce emails settings are in the main woocommerce settings area, under 'Emails'

If you want to change the actual templates im afraid you'll have to ask the woocommerce crew.

• Jake likes this

#3 kulmetehan

kulmetehan

• Members

• 104 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

@Simon_P

Do you by any change know a way to work around this procedure and get the e-mails to be sent to another address?

I'll see what I'm able to do on the templates.

#4 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 460 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I don't have a specific answer but thought you might find something of interest here http://wpavengers.com. They're all free WC plug-ins (for now while in beta) so at least you can try things out before buying. I'm just now using the one called Follow-up Emails which is allowing me to create unique follow-up emails depending on what is purchased. And instead of buying it for $50 at WC I'll buy it here for $10 https://sozot.com/pr...ails-extension/. Apparently there's a big hub-bub with WC and their developers. This is so much cheaper because there's no support and updates are not automatic, though you can still download and update. Hope that's helpful.

#5 kulmetehan

kulmetehan

• Members

• 104 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi @sheilahoff, that looks like some pretty awesome stuff. I'm gonna look further in to it asap. Thanks for the tip! 

I got some tips from the WooCommerce support desk too, I'll share it with you guys. They replied as following:

1. In this case the best method would be to work with WooCommerce custom templates. Basically a custom template allows you to override WooCommerce default files and use your own custom files instead. Here is a quick tutorial that will explain you how to create your custom templates: http://docs.wootheme...late-structure/. All emails templates are located in the templates/emails/ folder.

2. Same here, you can use a custom template to remove this text. This text is present intemplates/checkout/form-login.php and templates/checkout/form-billing.php.

I haven't looked in to it yet, am gonna do it now. Hope it helps other people this way too. Thanks for your help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woocommerce, e-mails, e-mail