#1 Ato

Ato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Framework Version:1.4.2

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi!

First of all sorry for my poor english! Martin asked me to create this topic concerning to the situation that has occured me when I have clicked the "Reset layout" button by mistake, thinking it was going to allow me to set new values for "Global content widt", "Main column width" and "Sidebar 1 width"

Maybe I should have realised, that this was going to happend when the theme was not giving me any more the posibility to change these values by simply writting new numbers, but I thought some change in the theme (because of it´s update) was the reason for this new situation and I was going to be able to change them after reset.

In fact i panicked when i realised that this change in the theme was not giving me the option to change those layouts values anymore!!! In fact i have been checking some other themes i could like but sincerely i am realy in love with this theme and i wouldn´t like to change because this simple reason.

Hopefully it can be solved with your help!

Best regards from Spain!

Waiting for technical support!

Ato

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hello Ato. 

Some of the best english i have read today ;) 

I emailed you earlier with regards a logon for your site. If you could reply to my email when you get a chance we will investigate this for you. 

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hi there,

You can edit the global content width by clicking on the edge on the page when in the editor mode and dragging in/out. This will allow you to adjust the main width - http://screencast.com/t/1at9x3zs

To adjust the width of a column/sidebar you will need to use the editor options at the top of the column - http://screencast.com/t/CVtWTZpz

#4 Ato

Ato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I am not completely sure... but I am afraid that those images you are sending me do not correspond with my actual theme.

Do not worry, I will be patient! but I have to say (I hope It does not sound too serious) that I sended you my private logon (as you sugdested), so that you can adjust your answer to my specific problem.

If you do not need my logon anymore to solve my problem please tell me!

Thanks!

Ato

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please, as we do not know what product you're using.

#6 Ato

Ato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi,

Please check it out!

I already gave it to you and I would like to keep it private.

Thanks!

Ato

#7 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Ato - Which product are you using? 

#8 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

After Email - established this is PageLines Platform 1.4.2

#9 Ato

Ato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi Martin,
I really do not know! Nevertheless I guess you can check it out if you get into my site with the logon I gave you.

Maybe, as it seems there is no solution, shall we abandon these my request?

I just wanted to establish other layout values. The thing is that the theme did not advised me that after reset layout It was going to get stuck in default values!

Best regards,

Ato

#10 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Ato - Jake is responding to your email now. 

You have 42 themes in your themes folder. Best to clear these up. Only keep the ones you want. 

We can't help unless we know what product you are using - that is why we got your site credentials from you to check this out. With this information we could have helped with this on the 15th when the ticket was logged. Not providing the URL for the site also slowed this process down. 

Do not press the reset layout button as this will reset the layout back to default. 

The reason you cannot change this is due to a conflict - Jake has sent steps how to resolve this via email. 

#11 Ato

Ato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi!

Is not my intention to discuss really. In fact I really apreciate your help. I will follow all your instructions, in the first place, eliminating all the themes except the one I am using. I hope it works! Nevertheles I have to say that I facilitated my url since the first place by e mail together with my logon! Concerning to the "product" I told you (also by e mail) that I didn´t know what you were refearing to, because my version is free and I am not buying any "product". I didn´t know you were refearing to the version of the theme...

No problem at all!

Thanks a lot!

#12 Ato

Ato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hi!

I have eliminate all the themes in case there were a conflict as you were suggesting, but there were no results. Layout values can not be move at all. That option is blocked.

My question is: Is that option really for free? If you can asure that I will try your instructions:

"disabling (all the) plugins. Once they are disabled, give it another test and if it's working, start turning the plugins back on one by one to see which one is causing the conflict"

Thanks!

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

OK, I am not sure what your issue is to be honest. If you wish for your site to remain private, can you provide screenshots of your issue please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Layouts