Photo
- - - - -

Hero Unit default text

Best Answer Jake , 15 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi @lnajarian - The hero unit text is displaying in Cabin font but it's a little bolder and bigger than the font in the textbox so perhaps that's what is what's making it look different to you. You can add a little custom code to tweak the size etc a bit using:

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero p

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Is there a default font that is used for the description in the hero units. The font looks different from the global font that I have set. If there is a default text, what is it? My heading text seems to show up according to my global settings on the hero unit, just not the description below it. Is there a way I can change the hero unit description text to match my global text so that I don't have three different fonts on my website. Please refer to the homepage of my website. 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please, as I am not able to recreate your issue. I have just this moment changed my default font family to Happy Monkey and when I add a Hero section to my template, it too uses the Happy Monkey font.

#3 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

http://www.spoiledpalatesa.com/

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Can you provide a screenshot of your Typography settings please, as that font is Lobster and is set to all header tags, therefore you must have the Lobster font set for your headers in typography.

#5 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Here is a link to screen shot. http://www.spoiledpa.../Screenshot.jpg

what I want is lobster headings and cabin body text. The cabin body text shows up just fine in the text box I have placed on the left side of the page. But the description below the hero headings don't show up as cabin. Does the hero unit automatically have a default font it uses for the description? Can I change it?

#6 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:09 PM   Best Answer

Hi @lnajarian - The hero unit text is displaying in Cabin font but it's a little bolder and bigger than the font in the textbox so perhaps that's what is what's making it look different to you. You can add a little custom code to tweak the size etc a bit using:

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero p

#7 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

perfect!

• Jake likes this

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg