10 replies to this topic

#1 fotoramonzi

fotoramonzi

• Members

• 13 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hello,

I am currently building a site locally using the free version of Pagelines DMS and have run into an issue. My client is a musician and after researching many audio players I decided on the Uber Audio wordpress plugin http://codecanyon.ne...-plugin/1359763.

The plugin is awesome but when added to a section breaks the DMS editing capabilities in all sections. Additionally, I can't make any new changes to the site through DMS without removing the audio player from whatever section it is in.

I really need to get this figured out. Pretty much dead in the water at the moment.

Thanks,

món

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15042 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi Mon,

As this is a premium plugin you will need to contact the developer of the plugin and see what he/she recommends.

#3 fotoramonzi

fotoramonzi

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

yeah, i sent a message and am waiting to hear back. thanks.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15042 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

OK great, let us know what they suggest.

#5 fotoramonzi

fotoramonzi

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Will do. In the meanwhile... Are there any audio plugins that are guaranteed to work with DMS that you know of? Not including Wordpress core audio. Basically need something that lets me create a playlist. Couldn't find anything in the Pagelines store.

thanks!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15042 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

I have never used one nor needed to install one to test, so I can't say unfortunately. What I would recommend is check the Wordpress plugin repository and check for plugins that have been updated recently i.e. updated in 2013 and try them if there are any.

#7 fotoramonzi

fotoramonzi

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

so, i'm getting zilch from the developer of Uber Audio. Any ideas on what could cause this conflict? The player uses the shortcode "uber_audio". I was reading that sometimes plugins and themes call for the same shortcode which breaks things.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15042 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

PageLines doesn't include an audio shortcode. Therefore, that is not the problem, its most likely a javascript conflict, but without the plugin it's difficult to diagnose. I think you will need to wait for the developer to reply, seeing as it is a premium plugin, there should be support.

#9 fotoramonzi

fotoramonzi

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

There's no support. It's been over 24hrs and I've yet to even receive an message indicating that my several messages have been received.

Anyway, I know that it's a javascript conflict. More specifically:

1. Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'addTest' utils.isotope.js?ver=1.0.4:10
    1. (anonymous function)utils.isotope.js?ver=1.0.4:10
    2. (anonymous function)utils.isotope.js?ver=1.0.4:10
  1. Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'isotope' pl.optpanel.js?ver=1.0.4:294
    1. $.optPanel.setPanelpl.optpanel.js?ver=1.0.4:294
    2. (anonymous function)pl.toolbox.js?ver=1.0.4:329
    3. $.pageTools.showPanelpl.editor.js?ver=1.0.4:437
    4. (anonymous function)pl.toolbox.js?ver=1.0.4:320
    5. $.pageTools.startUppl.editor.js?ver=1.0.4:49
    6. (anonymous function)pl.editor.js?ver=1.0.4:9
    7. q

Basically, I believe that jquery is being called twice. Once from DMS and again from the plugin. Not sure how to go about fixing that because I'm pretty green when it comes to javascript.

Well, thanks for listening. 

#10 fotoramonzi

fotoramonzi

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ok, after about 14 hours of troubleshooting I figured out that the Uber Plugin uses an incomplete build of modernizr which conflicts with the modernizr build included in Pagelines DMS’ utils.isotope.js file.

I fixed this issue (hopefully) by generating a complete modernizr build, naming it modernizr2.js and then changing every reference to modernizr that exists in uber_audio.php to modernizr2. Lucky for me there were only 3 references. Everything is working fine now, at the moment. The site hasn’t gone live yet so we will see.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Let us know!