Photo

Couple Questions - Pull Quote Carousel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 hobbs113gmailcom

hobbs113gmailcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

I am obviously missing something but I have not been able to figure out how to activate the Carousel? I have added it to a page and set the basic settings for it and I want to use it for posts. I would really love the capability to display the carousel on different pages with each page allowing me to choose the post category to be displayed, which I think is coming in a future iteration. To start though, I just need to be told how to get it to show up lol also does it automatically pull newest posts to display or is it a set category that is used? the Pull Quote. Where do I find it? I saw a closed thread for it where the guy said where to find it but I looked and looked and saw nothing that said PullQuote? Or is it referring to the call out section?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hey Travis! Did you add it to a template and select that template when creating a page? It should show up.. the carousel settings will help you do the rest (in platform settings and on page creation) As for the pull quote, its used to demonstrate adding a section in the child theme... it only works on text content areas...

#3 hobbs113gmailcom

hobbs113gmailcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi Andrew, Yes I did. I added it to the Default Page template and made it hidden by default. Then I selected it to be shown on the page I am creating to be used as my home page. 1. The page is not published yet, would that be the issue? 2. Also, when I get it visible, does it pull new posts or from a certain category? 3. So the pullquote is a short code? If I look at the css file will it tell me how to access the pullquote? 4. Are there shortcodes built into the Platform Pro that we can use? If there are some already and there is a way to add additional shortcodes, I would be happy to write a list of available shortcodes along with a tutorial on how to add additional shortcodes. I am pretty sure I could even compile a list of some additional shortcodes as well, if you guys are interested. Some added value for your customers and a guest post for your blog/documents for me/my site.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

1. The page is not published yet, would that be the issue?

Not sure, wouldn't think so

2. Also, when I get it visible, does it pull new posts or from a certain category?

Currently, new posts; but several 'category' post requests later, we will be implementing this feature :)

3. So the pullquote is a short code? If I look at the css file will it tell me how to access the pullquote?

No, it's a section.... if you're using the child theme it should be active under the 'text content' template areas in the template builder.

4. Are there shortcodes built into the Platform Pro that we can use?

Yes, a few... this will be added to the docs; but you can see them in the code at `library.shortcodes.php` there is some comments for usage etc... (Google Map Shortcode, Google Charts Shortcode, etc...)