Photo
WooCommerce for PageLines

Woocommerce product link 404

Best Answer fpgeeks , 15 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Switching to the default Wordpress theme doesn't work. After I activate the default WP theme and go to my homepage, it just shows a blank page. This happens with the themes Twenty Ten, Twenty Twelve, and Twenty Thirteen.

I switched back to Pagelines Framework and deactivated all the plugins except for WC. It's now working and I found the plugin that was incompatible: Custom Press by Unique Method.

Thanks for your help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Site URL: http://fpgeeks.com
WC Version: 2.0.14
Pagelines Framework: 2.4.4
WP Version: WP 3.6.1

I have my web shop at fpgeeks.com/shop with only one product in there right now and when I click on the product link it takes me to the 404 page. I've tried changing the permalink settings in Settings>Permalinks but it doesn't do anything. 

Someone please help me. I'm loosing my mind trying to find a solution.

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 343 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

@fpgeeks Good morning, sorry that 404 page is there. Here is a Download Link

Best,

Ellen

#3 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Ellen,

Thank you for the quick response. I have WC for PL installed and activated. Sorry I didn't mention that previously.

#4 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Just to clarify, this issue has not been resolved.

#5 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 343 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

@fpgeeks Sorry about that. Been getting 404s on people trying to download the plugin, thought that was what you were referring to.  This is more of a WooCommerce issue or an issue with your permalinks. The first thing WooCommerce would have you do is make sure it is not a conflict with the theme. To test this change the theme to the default WordPress theme then see if you still get 404.

If you get a 404 still, change the theme back to PageLines. Now, check to see if it is a plugin conflict. Deactivate all plugins except for WooCommerce. Is the 404 still there? If so then it might be your .htaccess file and permalinks. If the 404 goes away then it is a plugin conflict, reactivate each plugin one by one till you find the one that is responsible.

If it is the permalinks then you may want to post in the WooCommerce Forum. Also, a search in Google for WooCommerce 404 on product pages will bring up some results that might help you solve the issue.

Ellen

#6 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:41 PM   Best Answer

Switching to the default Wordpress theme doesn't work. After I activate the default WP theme and go to my homepage, it just shows a blank page. This happens with the themes Twenty Ten, Twenty Twelve, and Twenty Thirteen.

I switched back to Pagelines Framework and deactivated all the plugins except for WC. It's now working and I found the plugin that was incompatible: Custom Press by Unique Method.

Thanks for your help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WooCommerce for PageLines