A buggy control panel with Pro Tools Plugin

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey everyone,

I recently just installed Pagelines ( 1 day ago) and I'm having an issue with the DMS Utilities Plugin. When I have it activated, it disables my editing control panel. I'm not quite sure how else to explain it. When the plugin is enabled, I can't use the DMS toolbar at all. I've looked around in the forums for  similar type of occurrence, but I did not find it. I have a paid version of Pagelines, so I know that's not the issue. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

My site is http://fresheasyjobs.com if that means anything.

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I solved the issue. It was a very unfortunate solution, but it seemed like the only solution. I had to delete my site entirely and re-create again. I noticed that on a fresh installed site, the Pro Tools plugin did not have any conflict. 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

This is most likely another plugin being the cause of the issue. Therefore, can you disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and see if you're able to use the DMS Toolbar/Visual Editor, whilst the DMS Pro Tools plugin active.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please enable PL Debug mode - DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced.

Posted · Report post

So, what I've done was deactivate all of the plugins. I turned them on/off individually to see if there are any issues. Without any other plugins turned on, the DMS Pro Tools plugin by itself is causing the the DMS editor to be dysfunctional. Because of that I am not able to access the Debug mode within the Global Options. Could it be that the DMS Pro Tools plugin that I have is not compatible with my DMS toolbar? I don't really know what it is that prevents DMS editor to be bugged when the only plugin that is turned on is the DMS Pro Tools.

Posted · Report post

More than 40,000 people are using the DMS Pro Tools plugin without conflict.  It was designed specifically to work with DMS Toolbar, so I don't believe that's the issue.

I believe you've changed the file folder name where DMS is installed, or installed it in the wrong place.  I note multiple errors here:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='pagelines-less-css' href='http://http://fresheasyjobs.com/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-1381697326.css' type='text/css' media='all' />

installations,  we did not make that error.

Kindly download DMS from your account (if a paid subscription) or from http://www.pagelines.com if using the free version. Install it correctly.  It goes into wp-content/themes/dms NOT into wp-content/themes/pagelines.  Your paid account will be found at http://www.pagelines.com/my-account

When you have installed it correctly, the paths and URLs to all stylesheets should be correct.

Posted · Report post

Why is something so easy, so hard. I use Wordpress to install the plugin. I download the plugin from MyAccount, save it in my local drive. I go on Wordpress backend, upload the plugin from my local drive, and I hit install. This is only way I know how to install the plugin. If there is a special required method, It should be addressed somewhere. If it is addressed anywhere, It isn't obvious enough to be found. 

Posted · Report post

How should I upload the Pro Tools plugin if what I mentioned about does not work? Please help, I really need to move forward with this. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

OK, I have reviewed your Debug info and you have a number of plugins active, including W3 Total Cache.

Cache plugins should not be installed and activated until your sites design has been finalised.

I recommend you disable W3 Total Cache immediately, as well as the other plugins, keep DMS Pro Tools active and you should find that the Pro Tools doesn't cause any error. 

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but, even if the Pro Tools Plugin is by itself, it still crashes the Editor. I've already tried deactivating everything but the Pro Tools, still doesn't work. Any other way this can be fixed?

Posted · Report post

Hello aee83 

So, i got your email which referred me back here. Looking at Danny's suggestion of disabling all non-pagelines plugins in order to test this would also be my best advise to you. 

Using Caching plugins cause myriad problems when active and making site changes, We cannot debug with caching active on a site. 

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies I've deactivated and deleted ALL other plugins. The only plugin that is activated is the DMS Protools. There shouldn't be any interference from any other plugins, but yet it's still crashing the editor. I don't know how else to explain it any other way.

Posted · Report post

aee83, I find that after I save something, I have to go back to a section within the visual editor (one of the templates) and click on the little pencil icon in order to get the toolbar to return. 

Is this what you are talking about? 

I do not remember if it "worked" this way before the plugin (I believe it did not), but this is how my DMS now "works" (after the plugin).

Posted · Report post

Great news!