Problem with Contact Form Plugin / DMS

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I have a Problem with the "Fast Secure Contact Form V. 4.0.13" (http://wordpress.org/plugins/si-contact-form/) in my Pagelines-Theme. Pagelines and Wordpress are all up to date, latest Versions.

Some days ago the contact form works fine when tested. The error came with updates, I think. So what is the Problem:

I defined some required fields and a captcha. But there is no message if a required field is blank. And the form will not be send.

I think the Problem relates to DMS because when I Change the template to Wordpress Default the contact form works fine.

Here is the URL: www.ignicon.de/kontakt

I have another Installation at www.is-it4u.com/kontakt. This ist the same Server. The Contact Form is V. 4.0.10. So it may be, that the form is responsible for the bug. But, as I posted, with the Default Theme there is also no Problem. And I restored a backup with 4.0.12 and there is the same Problem.

What can I do? What should I test. (I'm a rookie with wordpress AND pagelines). Which additional Information do you require for help.

Thank you very much!

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The form responded to me when I submitted it.

The point of a required field is that it cannot be left blank. It is mandatory to fill in the field with something. If you leave a required field blank, the form will not, and should not process.  That's the right way for it to work.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you received my contact form.

Posted · Report post

[attachment=1640:11-10-2013 10-51-10.jpg]Hi Rob,

the form you tested arrived. But the Problem is: If you leave one mandatory field empty you should get a warning and you should not be able to send until you fill out all of the required fields. Attached Screenshot Shows how it should look like. (from the other Website)

Actually the send button only asks "really send?" and then it goes back to the form. All fields are empty. No Warning, no additional info. The procedure seems to hang somewhere.

What struck me: In my tests with the plugin, I also clicked times after the adjustment to "Publish" and then form contents were saved and displayed in the form by Default.

Maybe this is still a helpful hint.

Thank you.

Posted · Report post

HI,

If there is an issue, the first thing you should do is contact the developer of the plugin. I haven't ever used that forms plugin before.

If I was you I would check out one of the following:

Ninja Forms, free with premium extensions - http://wordpress.org/plugins/ninja-forms/
Gravity Forms, premium and what we use on PageLines.com - http://www.gravityforms.com/

Posted · Report post

Thank you Danny,

as I posted, the Problem is only with DMS-Theme, not with others. I now tried older Versions of the plugin again and the error will popup again. This older Versions worked some time ago perfektly. Because I do not know when the Problem appeard first time I think I have to reset the DMS-Theme.  I hope this is possible without everything lost.

Ninja-Forms and Gravityforms Looks very nice . But my choice has everything I expect.  

Posted · Report post

I can see the problem, and just noticed it on my own site.  Unfortunately, this is a problem that should really be addressed by the plugin developer.  It has worked correctly for a long time (I've been using it for years).

Posted · Report post

Hello,

after several tests I think the plugin DMS Utilities Pro causes the Errors. When I deaktivate your Plugin everything works fine with fast secure contact form.

Posted · Report post

Hi, oh, new plugin? No, sorry, my mistake. The Plugin-Name is DMS Professional Tools (V.1.3).

The Problem is solved when I disable Section Caching ind Pagelines PRO Plugin Settings.

Posted · Report post

OK, I will report this as a possible conflict and see what our developers say.