Photo

Dual vs Single Sidebars: possible bug?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 georgeadwizbiz

georgeadwizbiz

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

I noticed that if I set the page default in the layouts pane to use a single sidebar, then selecting double sidebar layout on individual pages has no effect. But if I set the page default to use two sidebars, then I can set just one on a page-by-page basis. Is this a bug? I don't mind, but it is mildly annoying having to remember to change it on every single page. It seems that it should work the other way around -- setting the default to single sidebar and then changing it to double only on the one or two pages where I actually want two sidebars.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hey George, I will check into this.

#3 hcheaumstudiocom

hcheaumstudiocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:37 PM

Oooh one more please while you are looking into it: This also happens for me when I select the full width page in the default template settings, but then on my post page I select "show primary sidebar." No sidebar shows up, everything is still full width on the page. It would be awesome if all the options on the template settings page showed up on the individual pages - that way they could be truly customizable in the most easiest of ways. Hope that makes sense...

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

@Heather, I think I get you; but there IS an option to select different layouts on a per-page basis. The only one that causes issues is the 'posts' page (blog, category, etc..) that is because these pages don't support meta options... @george - I checked this out on my machine; seems to work fine. And the demo has a single sidebar layout by default, with dual sidebar layouts shown (under the layouts tab) So maybe a more detailed explanation?

#5 hcheaumstudiocom

hcheaumstudiocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Of course that is the ONE page that I don't want it on! Yep - it is the posts page. darn murphy's law! That's ok, I will figure something else out instead. Thanks arpowers! Your team is doing great - I know you are loaded down with work since the launch of Platform. Keep up the great work!

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

@heather, the good news is that we can fix this by adding an option for it... expect that in the next maintenance release or two. And thanks for the encouragement! Definitely helps :)

#7 georgeadwizbiz

georgeadwizbiz

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for checking. Maybe a caching problem on my end was responsible. I've gone ahead and set the default to two sidebars and just changed it to one sidebar on most pages.