Photo
Collapser

Restricting access to Custom Post Types

custom post types

Best Answer MissT , 10 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I've decided to use another access control plugin (Admin Menu Editor) instead of the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin and that works perfectly and was much easier to set up. So no further action needed on this. Many thanks to Danny for suggesting Admin Menu Editor, it works like a dream. :) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 230 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi there,

I need to restrict access for a clients WP login to allow them to add and edit Collapser Posts but to prevent them access to all the standard PL post types such as Feature, Banner and so on.

The PL Site Options setting 'Minimum user level for Custom Post Types ( banners, features etc )' seems to switch on and off access to all PL custom post types including the Collapser which was purchased from the store.

I know there are plugins to control access and I've tried User Roles, Capability Manager Enhanced and Members but nothing seems to be able to separate the Collapser posts from the standard PL custom posts.

Am I missing something? Do I need to add define some new capabilities to be able to distinguish between these post types with one of the above plugins?

I'm using PL Version 2.4.4, WordPress 3.5.1., and have used the PL Customize plugin to customise the site.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

We do not provide support for third party extensions. Therefore, I have moved your topic to the correct forum and the Collapser developer will be notified.

#3 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 230 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ok, thanks Danny :)

#4 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 209 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

Collapser use the PageLinesPostType class for created the Custom Post Types this class is used in all the other sections.

I will need to setup a testing environment and test your plugins.

Please, can you paste the links to the plugins you are using?

Best,
Enrique

#5 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 230 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:43 PM   Best Answer

I've decided to use another access control plugin (Admin Menu Editor) instead of the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin and that works perfectly and was much easier to set up. So no further action needed on this. Many thanks to Danny for suggesting Admin Menu Editor, it works like a dream. :)

#6 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 209 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ok, Thanks for the update.

Best,

Enrique.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Collapser, custom post types