Photo
- - - - -

How to put a piece of code into the body section?

code body

Best Answer Danny , 11 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thats fine and no problem. However, they're the creators of the code, so they will know best. I can only check how you have implemented the code, I can't check whether the code is right or not as I have no idea what it's supposed to do.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:45 AM   Best Answer

Thats fine and no problem. However, they're the creators of the code, so they will know best. I can only check how you have implemented the code, I can't check whether the code is right or not as I have no idea what it's supposed to do.

• lutz likes this

#22 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

@

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've got feedback from the creators: The told me, that I have now css style code in the Javascript code and that I have to use Javascript fuctions instead. But they didn't tell me what that means. I guess it's concerning the syntax, but I have no clue how to to things like thi in Javascript:

#site #sidebar2{margin-top:-464px;}
#site .section-sb_universal {position:relative; top:0px; left:250px;}

So I'm coming back to you and hope, you'll tell me how to cause the site to move the universal and secondary side bar in Javascript. What would be the code for that? Please use full syntax for examples – I really don't know anything, so please do not postulate any knowledge, alright?  ;))

Thanks again in advance!!!

#23 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I apologise but I have no idea what the script does or is supposed to do. If you can provide a link as to where you got the script from, I will take a look. However, for something like this, you would be best speaking to the author of the script.

#24 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

@

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

the code is for this site: www.mobiwatch.de

The script shall (under certain conditions) move the Leaderboard (in the universal sidebar, above the brand section) xx pixels to the right and move the Skyscraper (in the secondary sidebar) xx pixels up – on all pages of the whole site. 

You gave me that code  ("#site #sidebar2{margin-top:-464px;}" and " #site .section-sb_universal {position:relative; top:0px; left:250px;} ") to me some month ago ;))

#25 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Why are using a script, why not use a plugin instead, there are plenty of plugins available for placing ads on your site. You could also use a hook to inset your ads and add conditional logic to get them to appear on specific pages etc...

However, I am unable to provide assistance to a third party script, I have provided you with the code to implement the code to where you asked. Therefore, you're best contacting the author of the script for further assistance.