Question

Posted · Report post

I have feedwordpress working on a site and its fine on firefox but on chrome when I am logged in I get css error which no css on the page making it hard to edit the sidebar because I cannot find/nor edit the page.  I turned on debug and this is what I get

Notice: add_option was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.3 with no alternative available. in /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3000

Notice: add_option was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.3 with no alternative available. in /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3000

Notice: convert_to_screen(), add_meta_box() was called incorrectly. Likely direct inclusion of wp-admin/includes/template.php in order to use add_meta_box(). This is very wrong. Hook the add_meta_box() call into the add_meta_boxes action instead. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3041

Notice: convert_to_screen(), add_meta_box() was called incorrectly. Likely direct inclusion of wp-admin/includes/template.php in order to use add_meta_box(). This is very wrong. Hook the add_meta_box() call into the add_meta_boxes action instead. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3041

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-includes/functions.php:3000) in /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/classes/class-wc-session-handler.php on line 63

28 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Generally, when we inspect a site on the backend, we keep to a golden rule of not changing anything.  Normally, we would just test or examine, then report back our findings, leaving it to the client to make recommended changes.  So I doubt Danny changed anything.  He will not be in until Monday morning.

Is the issue resolved now?

Posted · Report post

Some awesome plugin you have installed is using add_option() wrong. It was changed in WordPress 2.3 which was released on September 24, 2007

Posted · Report post

Can you disable the plugins, and make sure you validate that each one is compatible with the latest version of WordPress?

Remove and replace any outdated plugins.  As Simon points out, an old plugin can write incorrect code and creat problems.   I hope this will resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

I removed the plugin feedwordpress and my site worked with css yet now the frontpage isnt working again while logged in and I haven't installed any new plugins.  It was working fine then altogether lost the css somehow.  Its only the homepage and if I click other pages the site loads fine.  Any help would be appreciated because why would the homepage be the only page not displaying css when logged in?

Posted · Report post

HI, Can you enable PL Debug mode and make sure all plugins, custom code, scripts and hooks are either disable or removed. Whilst we investigate yoru issue.

Posted · Report post

I deactivated all plugins and still the same thing, I activated debug but just got the site info so if you want that I can give it to you.  This is not seen from non logged in users just admin and only on the homepage while the other pages work fine. 

Posted · Report post

Hi, let's start with copying and pasting the debug report here.

Posted · Report post

this is very frustrating as I cannot edit my homepage due to this issue.

WordPress Version : 3.6.1
Multisite Enabled : No
Current Role : Administrator
Framework Path : /home/content/75/11763875/html/wp-content/themes/dms
Framework URI : http://www.inktopgraphics.com/wp-content/themes/dms
Framework Version : 1.0.4
Framework Build : 1.0.4
PHP Version : 5.3
PHP memory : 256
Mysql version : 5.0.96-log
PHP type : Cgi-fcgi
PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!
Licence OK : Whonu2010@gmail.com
Plugins : 13
all-in-one-seo-pack/all_in_one_seo_pack.php
backupwordpress/backupwordpress.php
better-iboxes/better-iboxes.php
bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php
contact-form-7/wp-contact-form-7.php
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
google-analytics-for-wordpress/googleanalytics.php
google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.php
pagelines-googlefonts/pagelines-googlefonts.php
raw-html/raw_html.php
woocommerce-upload-my-file/woocommerce-upload-my-file.php
woocommerce/woocommerce.php
wp-rss-aggregator/wp-rss-aggregator.php

Posted · Report post

this is what the homepage site looks like with all plugins disabled.

ink.png

Posted · Report post

The condition you're seeing (in the post above) is usually the result of a plugin conflict.  I'd urge you to deactivate them (all but the PageLines plugins) and see if the condition does disappear.  Make sure the DMS Pro Tools is activated and its settings are correct.

If the condition goes away, reactivate each inactive plugin, and check to see if the condition resumes.  If it does, that last plugin reactivated is the one causing the conflict and should be replaced.

Posted · Report post

I deactivated every plugin and no changes, its only the homepage but if I click a link for another page its fine.. 

Posted · Report post

If you're logged in as admin, in another browser, and you view the homepage, do you see it? Or is it in only one browser?

Posted · Report post

no in firefox while logged in its fine but in chrome its not and the issue is I cannot edit the front page from firefox.

Posted · Report post

There must be some add-on, toolbar or plugin in your Chrome then.  Make sure you check Chrome and deactivate anything in there that's not from Google/Chrome.

Posted · Report post

no I removed firebug lite and the web developer extensions and still no change.  I only have those two extensions.  just the css on the homepage.

Posted · Report post

can you log in and take a look for me please, anybody?

Posted · Report post

another weird thing is if you look at the image, the menu items at the top are not on my site anymore.  Its displaying something that is't on my site anymore.  The menu that has "sample page" was changed days ago yet you can still see it appearing.  I deleted my menu yet when I go to the broken page I still see a menu there that isnt suppose to be there.  Seems like a bug more than something Im doing.

Posted · Report post

Can you send me your admin username and password please - danny at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

just sent it, hopefully you can diagnose this issue.  thanks

Posted · Report post

OK, so just logged in and I am not having the issue you're ?

http://d.pr/i/aNi

All CSS loaded without any issue.

Posted · Report post

you have to be logged in  then view the page, it works fine not logged in and on every browser but chrome.  interesting that now its just working..... did you change anything? 

Posted · Report post

magically its resolved but still not sure of why or what caused it.  hopefully it will not be back.  thanks for the help.

Posted · Report post

I'm happy to hear it's resolved.  No idea ultimately what caused it. Could be just a mystery, or the ghost in the machine. As long as it works, that's all that really counts.

Posted · Report post

I have installed pagelines on a new site with no plugins and still get this issue.  the first page has no styling information.

Posted · Report post

alright so the issue seems to stem from using the default homepage and editing it yet not changing the reading option to "static page" and then choosing the correct page.