Photo
- - - - -

pagelines-customize plugin: how do I delete data?

framework plugins customize

Best Answer Rob , 08 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Louise,

When you're removing the plugin, are you just deactivating via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins, or are you using FTP or a file manager to delete it?

I've not heard of that plugin, which as been used by thousands, causing the problem you're describing unless they were just deleting it, without deactivation first.

The PageLines Customize plugin doesn't write to the database.  It stores information in the actual files in the plugin.

If you look at the first line of that errors file you kindly attached, it's saying there's a syntax error, with an errant < somewhere in the functions.php. So, maybe it's a good idea to open the functions.php in the editor and inspect for an extra or missing <.  It will be in the customized code, not in the normal code.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 loulousantaana

loulousantaana

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.4.3

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1.92KB   3 downloads

I've been using the pagelines-customize plugin to tweak some elements of WooCommerce. Whatever I last did broke the site, everything backend and front disappeared. I disabled all plugins and have restored them one by one. The site breaks when I restore the pagelines-customize plugin.

How do I find the data to delete the code I added to the plugin so I can try again?

Website URL: stark.santaana.co.uk
Framework Version: 2.4.1
WordPress Version: 3.6.1
Plugins in Use: 
Pagelines Googlefonts, Sexy Snips, Sections, Simple CSS lite
Post Types Order
WooCommerce, custom product tabs lite, menu cart
Server/Host: 34sp.com

I've attached the log file from when I tried to re-enable the pagelines-customize plugin, in case that's of any use. (My sysadmin has censored it but I'm sure you can see the relevant bits.)

Thanks,

Louise

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hi Louise,

I notice you have Framework 2.4.1.  You should update to 2.4.4 by getting the zip at

, or by the automated updater in WP.

It's very likely you have some custom hook or CSS in PageLines Customize.  Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Editor.   You'll see a drop down list near the top of the window, on the right. It will be a list of all your plugins.  Select PageLines Customize and go.

There will be several files listed on the right side of the edit area.  One is Functions.php.  Open that and scroll down to find any hooks previously added.

All the errors seem to come from functions.php in the Customize plugin.

Those are the areas where things are usually located.

#3 loulousantaana

loulousantaana

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hi Rob

Thanks for your response. 

I can't restore the Customize plugin without it breaking the site. If I could restore it and remove the custom code then I would, but as soon as I re-install the plugin my WP admin disappears completely.

I was hoping I could access the database and delete the code I've added to the Customize plugin, so that at least I can use the earlier things that worked and find an alternative way to make the changes I was hoping for.

(I'll update Framework. Thanks for noticing that.)

Cheers,

Louise

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:18 PM   Best Answer

Louise,

When you're removing the plugin, are you just deactivating via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins, or are you using FTP or a file manager to delete it?

I've not heard of that plugin, which as been used by thousands, causing the problem you're describing unless they were just deleting it, without deactivation first.

The PageLines Customize plugin doesn't write to the database.  It stores information in the actual files in the plugin.

If you look at the first line of that errors file you kindly attached, it's saying there's a syntax error, with an errant < somewhere in the functions.php. So, maybe it's a good idea to open the functions.php in the editor and inspect for an extra or missing <.  It will be in the customized code, not in the normal code.

Let me know how you get on with this.

#5 loulousantaana

loulousantaana

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hi Rob

I've used this plugin on three other sites so I know it's usually fine. When I added the custom code (copied from a WooCommerce forum) and saved the customize plugin, that's when everything broke. I had no access to WP through the admin panel whatsoever, so had no choice but to remove the plugin via FTP. I removed all the plugins via FTP and then restored them one by one.

As you suggested, I opened the php file outside of WP, tracked down the errant < and restored the plugin via FTP. It's working just fine now. 

I really appreciate your help.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for informing us that the issue has been resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: framework, plugins, customize