#1 Aires

Aires

Advocate

• Members

• 321 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

I hesitated for dang near 30 days before deciding to go with DMS because I simple thought it was just a bunch of hype trying to push something new and boy was I wrong. For the past year and half I have been using Elegant Themes as my go to selection but was never really satisfied. I always ran into issues when wanting to add another menu or removing a line it was constantly code this recode that (I suck at CSS but I manage). Hell one time I was in the process of putting a site together for my buddy’s square garden fascination I was nearly done and was searching the web one day and ran across a site using the same theme but it had different content, I scrapped the site and started over.

Now I came into this thinking my coding and requesting help days were over they’re not but I feel like I have complete control of what my final product/site will be. The chances of running across an identical site is fairly slim and there is nothing stopping me from letting the creative juices flow other than CSS/LESS – which I am always learning new stuff about. After 2 weeks of playing with DMS on a test site I feel confident enough to convert some old sites to DMS I am still wet behind the ears but I think it should be a nice transition.

So to the Developers great job and keep up the good work and let me apologize NOW for the storm of questions that may arise as I dive deeper into DMS. :D

Thumbs-Up.jpg 

• Danny, greenfly and Jake like this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Awesome, glad you're enjoying DMS, I will also pass on your feedback to our developers.

FYI, if you're interested in learning more about code, you should check these out.

https://www.codeschool.com/

http://www.codecademy.com/

#3 Aires

Aires

Advocate

• Members

• 321 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the info I will be sure to check them out :D