• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

How do I get help?  I have submitted help requests with no reply.  I have Platform running on 4 sites successfully - tried to load the theme up to two new sites and have a whole list of errors and it won't work - please can someone help?  I have received no replies.  I also cannot attach a file.  I am actually posting wherever I can now on this forum so I can at least get some sort of response - out of sure desperation.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi,

Where have you submitted help requests ?

All technical support is addressed in our support forums, if you have contacted our helpdesk and haven't received a reply, this is most likely due to it being the weekend. However, our helpdesk team will reply informing you to post your question on our forums. The helpdesk is for account/billing related issues and pre-sales questions, we do not provide technical support via email.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error please. Take a screenshot and then upload your image to an image hosting service such as

http://imgur.com

Also can you provide a link to the site in question please.

I have also moved your topic to the correct forum.

#3 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the reply, I just get no response.  I've submitted support requests on the contact form a few times.

The link is www.southafricadesignbrandcluster.co.za - I have also used the same theme for www.newlifeplastics.co.za - and 3 other blog sites - all working well and I like the whole functionality.  I am happy to upgrade to Pro to get more functionality as I will have 6 blog sites in total.  The other website is www.southafricapolypropylenevaluechaincluster.co.za (a mouthful but not my choice) - the same issue has happened.  My host is Afrihost.

Your help is super appreciated.

#4 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

sorry, that should read www.southafricapolypropvaluechaincluster.co.za 

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

This issue could be caused by one of the following:

1. You have WP_Debug set to true instead of false in your wp-config.php file.

2. A conflict with a plugin, try disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

3. An issue with your servers configuration.

However, the Platform theme has been considered legacy for nearly two years. Therefore, I would recommend you stop using it and use either PageLines Framework or DMS, both of which are free.

#6 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hello - here you go

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Did any of the three suggests resolve the issue ?

If not, I would recommend upgrading to PageLines Framework or DMS, both are free. Platform is nearly 4 years old now.

#8 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Thank you for your help, I have no plugins loaded and no idea where to change the wp-config.php file?  I am trying to load Framework - not successful yet.  DMS has loaded but I see I need Chrome to edit.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

To enable WP_Debug mode, follow the instructions here - http://codex.wordpre...ng_in_WordPress

Can you go into more detail regarding your issue loading PageLines Framework.

Yes, DMS is compatible with all modern browsers, but Google Chrome is required in-order to use the DMS Visual Editor.

#10 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

hello - DMS has loaded - I'm loading Chrome now. Framework I am having issues with.  But it is end of day and the lines slow down horribly at this time so it's taking ages to load.

#11 Xuxuvela

Xuxuvela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

My frustration level is beyond compare - the line has just slowed down to the point of third world state with a 26kb/sec download speed.  I am going to continue from my home line - can I contact you later/tomorrow for help with my issues again?

Many many thanks for all the help, really appreciate it!

#12 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi @Xuxuvela - I'm so sorry you are experiencing issues but please don't hesitate to reach out again later or tomorrow. If Danny isn't around, someone else will be and we'll do our best to help you get up and running as quickly as possible!