Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Remove Area Background not working

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi PageLines Users

On removing a already set and published area background image (note the 'area', not a global background image) on a 'Section' (Header, Template, Footer), the path get removed and I publish the site. The area background image path stays empty, but the background image remains present. So I can not remove an area image! (Only set a new one.)

Hope anybody can confirm this. I have it on multiple installations an no 'special' Plugins installed (DMSPro, NextGEN & ContactForm).

Kind regards
Jonas

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Jonas, 

I've seen this happen too, and I believe the issue may come from the caching performed by Chrome. There's a simple way to test it though.

1.  Remove the background and click Publish.

2.  Open Firefox or another browser.  View the page where the background was present.  If the background is not visible, then the publication of the page worked. In that case, the issue was simply the browser cache in Chrome.

3.  In Chrome, log out of DMS, and close the browser.   Open Chrome again, but do not login to the site.  See if the background is visible or not visible.  

4.  Refresh the browser (Shift+F5 in a Windows machine) and then login to the site as admin, and return to the page to see if the background is still present.

If it is, then make sure you've deactivated plugins and if you have a cache plugin, make sure the caches are cleared completely via the plugin's settings before deactivating the plugin.

Please let us know how this goes.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob

This I tested already (With Safari and Firefox). On all my sites, the image stayed even in the other browser, even by clearing the cache manually. An example Site: wordpress.jonasarts.ch/test, there should no image at all be present.

No Cache plugins. Deactivated all plugins. Still not working...

Any other idea? Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Jonas

Posted · Report post

Jonas,

Please create a new Admin user, and mail the login credentials to robert@pagelines.com.  I'll go in and see what's happening.

Posted · Report post

I'm in the same predicament as hauserjo.  

I can't clear the background image.  

Posted · Report post

If I try to delete any background images, it remains in place until I replace the image. I've had no problem with that process.  The reason they stay visible till replaced is the browser cache.

Posted · Report post

Rob, 

If that's the case, then why is the BG image still visible in different browsers?  

Here's the link to my site that's in question- http://schrumpf.prodentitedev.com/.

Posted · Report post

webmktco Are you uploading the image via your Media Library i.e. are you using the Media Library upload option ? If so, this has been reported to our issue tracker.