5 replies to this topic

#1 hauserjo

hauserjo

• Members

• 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3, DMS 1

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Dear Pagelines Users

I was looking for the Template page-width setting in the DMS and found the Pixel/Percentage setting and the feature to drag&drop the border. But I miss somewhere a display-value like 960px / 100% for the current set page width (like in the Pagelines Theme 2.x). Can there anywhere in DMS the current layout page width be seen? If not, please consider to add this feature for example to 'Global Settings' -> 'Layout & Nav' perhaps?

Regards

Jonas

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hi Jonas,

DMS uses very advanced technology, which can be a little confusing, even to well experienced designers. 

If you go to your homepage in Chrome, while logged in as Admin, you'll see a little blue dashed line on the left and right sides.  This reflects the set content area.  If you drag it, left or right, in the DMS Toolbar, left of the Publish button, suddenly you'll see an icon of crossed arrows, and the word Width, with both the pixel and percentage next to it.  As soon as you finish dragging, the information will vanish, which means that the setting has been set.

#3 hauserjo

hauserjo

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hi Rob,

thanks for you reply. But I'm already aware about this sizing feature. It's not the HOW to size, i'm not knowing about, it's just the extact information about the size setting, i'm mIssing.

So I'm just suggesting a new feature just to show the size information (the data value, which is persisted to the database), I want to see somewhere in the DMS. This can be done by a tooltip or perhaps in the DMS admin area.

For example: I need a layout with a left column with of 823px and a right sidebar colum width of 187px. Where do I see 823px and 187px (like I have seen in PageLines Framwork 2.x). (In a percentage view, this values would perhaps be like 81% and 17%.)

Hope I could clarify my feature request. Otherwise don't hesitate to ask me again.

Kind regards

Jonas

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

As you can see here:  http://youtu.be/T6dvdYIzISc

When you change the layout, the dimensions display in the DMS Toolbar.  When you're finished, they are hidden.  There's no need to create a tool tip, as it already exists there.

The widths of specific columns can't be set on a pixel or percent basis, but only on a columns basis because DMS is founded on Twitter Bootstrap, which uses a value of 12 columns.  The number of columns is displayed in every section you add, unless it's a full-width section, like RevSlider.

I completely understand your desire to identify these widths, and I'll be happy to suggest some modification to display the info, but I'm not confident this will be an easy implementation.

#5 hauserjo

hauserjo

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hi Rob

Cool, this is it! It was just to small on my screen that I did miss it.

Many thanks.

Regards

Jonas

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

No problem.  Glad to help!