Photo
InstaGrid

Instagrid reloads same pictures over and over

Best Answer ahansson89 , 05 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

It is impossible to load more pictures by user due to limitations of the Instagram API.

It shows the newest pictures in a tag. If there is no new pictures added within each load, then it will show the same pictures.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

• Members

• 128 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.1.3 Hosted on Flywheel

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I just purchased Instagrid and it reloads the same (however many you select) images over and over. So, say it takes the first 9 images of a tag, it will just load those same 9 images over and over again. 

Additionally, there is no option to load more images when you opt to show images based on a User. It only displays however many images you select for it. 

I am disappointed as there seems no way to simply load images from a user or hashtag and have it cycle through the images (as most Instagram/ Wordpress plugins function). Will this be something that is added or that can be added with code? 

#2 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:21 AM   Best Answer

It is impossible to load more pictures by user due to limitations of the Instagram API.

It shows the newest pictures in a tag. If there is no new pictures added within each load, then it will show the same pictures.

#3 Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

• Members

• 128 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

thanks for the quick reply. 

I am experimenting with other Instagram plug-ins and since I installed Instagrid, there seems to be a conflict. I deactivated it (but did not delete it). Tried installing Instagram Picture and I can set everything up, but it returns the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare grid() (previously declared in /home/gestures/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/library.layouts.php:14) in/home/gestures/public_html/wp-content/plugins/instagram-picture/inc/grid.php on line 2898

any thoughts on this? thanks again for your help. 

#4 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

If InstaGrid is not activated, then it is not running the functions and thereby it is not InstaGrid that is conflicting.

You should contact the plugin developer of the other plugin.

#5 Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

• Members

• 128 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Thanks so much for your help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: InstaGrid