Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS Editor Broken

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey guys!

I have got some pretty serious issues with my website all of a sudden:

I am using the latest version of Pagelines DMS on a Flywheel hosted website, and suddenly the editor has been locked down.  The bar still appears at the bottom of the page when logged in, but I can't open it.  There are also problems with my LayerSlider plugin and some of the animated elements such as iBoxes in Chrome and FireFox (a jQuery conflict perhaps?).  I'm not sure if this is due to the theme update or something else.  Before you ask, I've already tried the following:

1) Deactivating all plugins...no change.

2) Troubleshooting my custom LESS code...no change.

3) Testing the site out on a local development site...the editor seems to be functioning properly (so maybe a Flywheel problem?)

I turned on bug reporting and got the following, with all plugins deactivated:

At the top of the page -- Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1142

And at the bottom of the page -- 

Notice: Undefined property: PageLinesEditor::$handler in /www/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.init.php on line 170 Fatal error: Call to a member function process_foot() on a non-object in /www/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.init.php on line 170  

Anyone else having similar problems?  Think someone can help me shed some light on this matter?

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Are you still seeing the error at the bottom of the page? I've checked in three different browsers but the site seems to be displaying ok. Dev team says that that function is part of the DMS core.

Posted · Report post

Can we have a link to your site please? 

Posted · Report post

adistech.com

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

The error warning at the top of the page is due to the site using php 5.5. Full details can be found on http://wpunknown.com/wordpress-and-php-5-5/ which explains it in more depth.

There is a plugin you can use to overcome this for the time being - http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-db-driver/

I've asked our developer regarding the second error on the page, as soon as we hear back I'll let you know.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, it seems to be working fine now.  I'm thinking that it was something to do with the Flywheel caching on the site.  I don't think it was the browser because one of the first things I did was clear my history.  Oh well.  This is resolved for now.  I'll let you guys know if I have any further issues.

Posted · Report post

Excellent!