Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Change Font Weight Textbox

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

My textbox on WebsiteAlright.com says "Select Clients" I have tried every selector i can find to change it to {font-weight: 600;} but nothing is taking effect. Can you tell me what selector I am looking for. I even changed the selector on PL Editor to .textbox-clients with no luck. Thank you!

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

In the edit panel for the TextArea, you'll see a field for Styling Classes.  In that field, as a test, I added the unique phrase joe2

and added some text in the Title field.

The CSS I used for this is:

.joe2 strong {
    font-weight: 700;
  font-size: 2.25em;
}

That changed the font-weight and -size for the title only.

Please install Firebug for Firefox, or use Chrome's Inspect Tool to identify the CSS.

Posted · Report post

Do you have a link to your site? 

Posted · Report post

Hi BentleyD - Are you referring to the text right above the scroller? If so, that's the Highlight section and it looks like you've already got it to the correct weight? To modify it you would use:

.section-highlight .highlight-head

Posted · Report post

I switched because I couldn't figure out the selector for the textbox. I would still like to know the answer to that.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You can't use 600, as its already been applied to the text, if you use a greater value such as 700, you will see the change in weight.

For example:

.section-highlight .highlight-head {

font-weight: 700;

}

Also, please be aware that we do not provide extensive CSS support, if you want to start using custom CSS. I recommend you use Google Chrome's web dev tools. If you're not comfortable with using this tool, you should check out the free course provided by Code School. Its really awesome and will have you a web dev tools ninja in no time.

https://www.codeschool.com/courses/discover-devtools

Posted · Report post

I know how to code it. I am asking for help figuring out what the selector is for textbox.

Posted · Report post

I have chrome and firebug. The issue was I was putting a period in front of strong. Thank you. Problem solved.

Posted · Report post

Glad to hear it!

Posted · Report post

I know how to code it. I am asking for help figuring out what the selector is for textbox.

That is why I linked you to the Chromes web dev tools course, as this will help you find the correct classes much quicker.