• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hello, I was trying to update the images on my quickslider, but they will not change. It keeps showing the same two images that were originally on there. If I remove one of them and put something else in, it still shows the old ones.

I've tried adding another slide to it,  no luck

I've made sure the images are the same dimensions, no luck

This is strange and I cannot figure out why its happening.

URL is www.sippinsoko.com

#2 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I tried deleting the pictures I had in there from my library and reuploading them and now no pictures will show in the slider

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

The images that appear in the QuickSlider when you first add it to your template are there by default, so that you can see how the slider looks. To remove them, you simply need to configure the section, by uploading your images.

When I view the URL for the image you have uploaded, it doesn't exist. Therefore, you most likely have an issue uploading your images, not sure what the cause could be. It could be plugin related. Therefore, can you disable all non-pagelines plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

#4 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi,

The images that appear in the QuickSlider when you first add it to your template are there by default, so that you can see how the slider looks. To remove them, you simply need to configure the section, by uploading your images.

When I view the URL for the image you have uploaded, it doesn't exist. Therefore, you most likely have an issue uploading your images, not sure what the cause could be. It could be plugin related. Therefore, can you disable all non-pagelines plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Thanks for your reply, I was able to change the images to my own at first. But then I was unable to switch them to anything else.

I looked at the URL's and you were right, the images don't exist because those are the ones I just deleted. But the strange thing is, when I go into pagelines and look at the picture URL in the theme settings, it shows the right URL. It is getting lost somewhere in the process...

I will try the plugin thing and post back if I have any luck

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

OK, keep us posted.

#6 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

deactivated all plugins and the problem persists. Here is the URL of one of the images I am trying to use. It displays in the backend properly, but not when in the site

http://www.sippinsok...ce-in-seoul.jpg

#7 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I edited the image into the code using firefox just to verify it would work and it did. But the slider on the page still doesn't seem to be getting the message that things have changed.

I had also changed the transition from slide to fade and apparently that isnt updating as well.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Can you email me your username and password please.

danny at pagelines dot com

#9 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Can you email me your username and password please.

danny at pagelines dot com

I sent you the email. Another thing I just thought about that may be related is that my universal analytics trading code isn't getting to google properly even though it has been there for some time. Maybe it is a scripting issue somewhere that is stopping it?

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I've just logged in and selected two images from your media library and the images have worked without any issue.

http://d.pr/i/qJoR

I also attempted to upload images and for some reason these didn't work. Therefore, I think your issue is related to your servers configuration.

Can you provide your PHP info, you can do this by following these instructions - http://codex.wordpre...ing_Server_Info

#11 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

hmm i followed those instructions and it didn't work, it just redirected me back to the homepage. I am sure I followed the directions correctly too.

Something else I just noticed is that my contact page is down, I think there is something preventing the scripts from running right. What on the server could cause this? I think I can find the php version another way, ill report back in a minute

#12 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

PHP 5.2.17

http://tinypic.com/r/2rggqhv/5

That is from another one of my sites on the same server

Edited by llcooljeff, 02 October 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

OK, I had to login using my PL account details so I can enable PL debug mode. When I did your server is configured with the following:

PHP Register Globals : Yes (bad)

Basically, you need to contact your web host provider and ask them to address this, I have copied and pasted your pl debug info into an email which I have just sent to you, forward this info onto your web host provider and ask them to address the issue, as it could be the cause of the problem.

#14 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ok i will do that, thanks for your help. I'll post back if they can fix it or not.

I really appreciate your time, awesome template

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

No problem.

#16 llcooljeff

llcooljeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I return defeated, the hosting company couldn't do anything about it even after they turned register globals off.

He said that my htaccess file was blank, how could that have happened, I would have never edited it, much less deleted it. Should I try doing a clean install of wordpress or something?

#17 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Hi I would say do a clean install of Wordpress, just in case anything else was wiped or edited. Best to play safe and rewrite all the core files to make sure they are correct etc.