Specify horizontal location of RevSlider slide text

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi. Just wondering what the short code is for specifying the horizontal location of the RevSlider slide text.  Looks fine on browser but it's cut off in mobile view....

eMmSp3H.png

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

There isn't a shortcode for the text alignment in the mobile view specifically. We we take a live url to the page so we can see first hand what's happening in the code for you.

Posted · Report post

James B, It's ok if there's no short code for the mobile view; I don't mind adjusting the text in the main view so that it accommodates the mobile view.

http://leftcoastlogic.com/products/ampm

Posted · Report post

Hi,

To change a specific aspect for mobile devices such as tablets or phones, you will need to use @media queries, you can not do it via a shortcode. For more information on @media queries see here - http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

However, when I view your site and resize my browser window, my console displays a large number of errors that is constantly increasing when I change the width of my browser. These errors are coming from both jquery and resize scripts. Therefore, you most likely have a custom script or plugin that is causing this error, which is preventing your text from resizing correctly.

I recommend you disable all active plugins (except for DMS Pro Tools) and any custom scripts and see if this resolves your issue.

Posted · Report post

I recommend you disable all active plugins (except for DMS Pro Tools) and any custom scripts and see if this resolves your issue.

Danny, that didn't seem to work. In the case of the right-aligned text, it's simply too long.  I think the solution would be to simply reposition the text - in the browser view (forget about mobile view). Is there a way to do this?  For example, can I just over-ride the code to place the text at any x/y coordinates? I know you can do that for "slide extra elements" such as embedded videos. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah, if you want to add your own text in its own position, you can use the options via x/y. See my reply here explaining how to add a video, you can use this as a base for your custom text.

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28168-revslider-how-to-add-video-and-have-it-resize-properly/page-2#entry171007

Remember to view the inline documentation link which takes you to the revsliders documentation.