Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fixed navbar stuck - changes not working

Question

Posted · Report post

Okay, so all of a sudden, when I try to make any changes at all to my fixed navbar, nothing works. I go to global options > nabar. I've got enable fixed nav bar. all my links and logo are there. But, if i try to change the logo, it doesn't work. If I try to change the navbar colour to say orange, nothing happens. If I try to unhide the search box, nothing. It's only just started happening.

I've tried, flushing the caches, closing down and logging back in...any ideas???

51 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

And now, an hour later, one of the changes I tried, (orange nav bar) has suddenly happened. It's almost as if something's stuck re: the fixed navbar and it won't update.

Posted · Report post

So, I can add/remove search. I can align left or right. I can disable/enable fixed nav. But I can't change colour and I can't add logo. Now I've just discovered that the fixednav is different on pages vs blog pages. Has anyone got any ideas what's gone wrong here?? Any help muchly appreciated.

Posted · Report post

HI,

Can you provide a link to your site please and also enable PL Debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced).

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Your issue is caused by you having a cache plugin installed and active, whilst your sites design isn't finished. Cache plugins should only be installed when your sites design has been finalised, making changes when a cache plugin is installed can cause the issue of you not seeing these changes, as its cached.

FLush your cache and disable the plugin until your sites layout/design has been completed. Also, I recommend you view the cache plugins documentation, as you can't simply install the cache plugin, activate it and think thats it, there is more to it than that. You need to configure it and make sure its compatible with your servers configuration, if it isn't then cache plugins can have no or a negative effect on your sites performance.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Thanks for this. I've done as you've suggested and no change. I can control the fixed nav on tag, category and post pages but not on any normal pages. They are still stuck on orange and no logo. Any more ideas?

Posted · Report post

I recommend you disable all active plugins except for the DMS Pro Tools plugins and see if this resolves your issue. Also, your image for your Navbar logo isn't work as the image link is broken.

http://d.pr/i/cx41

This is the URL for the image currently set in your Fixed navbar - http://performancepotential.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/PP_circ_icon_wh1.png

As you can tell when you click it, it gives a 404.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, I've disabled all plug-ins and still no change. I can't update the navbar logo because it won't save any changes. Everything is fine on tag, category and post pages, and the 404 page you saw. And whenever I make changes to Global Options > navbar, these changes flow through to these pages. I just can't update any of the normal pages.

It seems odd because I've had all these plug-ins going for weeks now and I've been updating pages without any problems. Then all of a sudden, it stops working.

Posted · Report post

Can you send me your admin username and password please to danny at pagelines dot com

and I will take a look, also do you give me permission to change your settings if need be ?

Posted · Report post

Email sent.

Posted · Report post

Ok, well from what I can see your issue is that your Wordpress is installed here:

http://performancepotential.com.au

As you can see from your settings - http://d.pr/i/ugfD

Therefore, can you remove this redirect and see if this resolves your issue. As we can't even view your Debug info.

Posted · Report post

Can you explain in more detail? What redirect?

Posted · Report post

OK, well you have Wordpress installed here - http://performancepotential.com.au

However, when we visit this page, it goes to a completely different site. So if this isn't a redirect, then its most likely an index.html file that overrides the index.php file from Wordpress.

Either way, this non-Wordpress page/site isn't helping diagnosing your issue, if this can be removed we will hopefully be able to resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Okay, got you. Index.html file now removed. Now when you go to http://performancepotential.com.au it takes you straight to the wordpress site.

Posted · Report post

It works for me. Not sure what to suggest... 

Posted · Report post

OK, I seem to be having an issue loading your site correctly, as its not effecting my colleagues, so I have got one of them to take a look at you issue.

Not sure why I am being redirected to that page all time.

Posted · Report post

ok

Posted · Report post

Hello ppotent 

Having looked at your site setup, you are using the default template for your site front page and the 'homeorange' template for http://performancepotential.com.au/home/ 

Try selecting the 'homeorange' for the orange navbar on your homepage or 'default' for the red one on the relevant pages. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for this Martin. But, it doesn't matter what template I apply, the fixednav will not change for the static pages. It only changes for tags, categories, posts and 404.

Posted · Report post

Okay, so given that the fixed navbar seems to be broken, I've had to resort to using a normal navbar in the header. I just don't get it. I've been creating my site for the last couple of months with no problems at all and then all of a sudden, it just breaks.

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Without the fixed nav on the active site it's hard to say. If you create a new page and then enable to fixed nav does the same thing happen as with the existing pages? If you delete the homeorange template does the nav change back to normal?

Posted · Report post

Okay, so I've re-enabled the fixed nav for anyone to look at. If I create a new page, it automatically gets the orange fixed nav. I've deleted the homeorange template and a few others - no change.

Does anyone know why it is that this stuck nav only applies to static pages. The tag, category, post and 404 pages all update with any changes I make to the fixed nav.