Photo
Sophistique

Revolution Slider

Best Answer tmeister , 02 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Please be aware that the templates only work for the section in the template area, not for header.

If you want to show the Revolution slider in the header in the home you will need to use the builtin section, that section is fixed to avoid the template issue.

So in short there is no way to use templates in the header, and you will be not able to use the original Rev Slider.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jarrod H

Jarrod H

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL
  • Framework Version:1.1.1

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'm trying to use the full blown version of revolution slider instead of the one created for the theme.

http://radpreview.com/rrpc/

I cant seem to get it to just work on the home page and not every page.  I have tried adding the short code to the local section in a text box.  But when i edit another page it disappears.  Any suggestions on this? 

Thanks

#2 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 228 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi,

If i understand right, you need to use templates, if you only want to use the slider in only one page you need to create a new template with the slider and save it as "Slider" for example, then create another template without the slider and save it as a "No slider", then you need to load the according template in the according pages, you can also set the "No slider" template as the default for all the new pages.

For more info about Templates please see http://docs.pageline...using-templates

Best,

#3 Jarrod H

Jarrod H

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hey @tmeister,

I have tried that but it doesnt seem to be working.  I followed your directions and the docs pages but it still either has the slider in both places or its gone in both places.  It very straight forward so I dont think im missing a step. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks

#4 Jarrod H

Jarrod H

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hey @tmeister,

Did you happen to notice anything wierd with the templates when you were checking out the menu issue on the site?  It wont keep the settings correct with seperate templates still.

Thanks

#5 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 228 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 AM   Best Answer

Please be aware that the templates only work for the section in the template area, not for header.

If you want to show the Revolution slider in the header in the home you will need to use the builtin section, that section is fixed to avoid the template issue.

So in short there is no way to use templates in the header, and you will be not able to use the original Rev Slider.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

#7 Jarrod H

Jarrod H

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

@tmeister Ahhhh That makes sense.  So i have it up and running how i need it.  Thanks for the input! 

@Jenny issue is resolved.  Thanks!

• Jenny likes this

#8 Khepri

Khepri

• Members

• 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

The Revolution Slider on my clients homepage mysteriously disappeared. It shows up in chrome. It does not show in firefox nor safari. Suggestions?

#9 Adrian nasager

Adrian nasager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

I am having the same problem with the full blown revolution slider from code canyon. I can't get it to show up in Flatten. It works fine if I switch to twenty thirteen. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sophistique