Cannot drag two components next to each other

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi. I have a content post/loop 8/12 and an iCallout 4/12. I'm trying to place the iCallout to the right of the Content Post/Loop but it won't seem to stick. I tried  changing the iCallout to 3/12 and that also won't work. See video clip:

http://youtu.be/6Axs1UmH1lA

Likewise, I tried inserting a 2-Column Section.  It works fine at 6/12 and 6/12, but when I reduce one to 4/12 and increase the other to 7/12, they split.  Is this a bug?

http://youtu.be/u7mni7ndB8Y

Edited by leftcoastmichael

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Two create a two column layout, use the 2 Column section. Also not sure why you're using Offset and then increasing the size of the first column, doing so will push your second column down, as it did in the video.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

@leftcoadtmichael

Hi. I have a content post/loop 8/12 and an iCallout 4/12. I'm trying to place the iCallout to the right of the Content Post/Loop but it won't seem to stick. I tried  changing the iCallout to 3/12 and that also won't work. See video clip:

on top of the "contentloop" just put a column section. then you should be able to place two sections next to each others.

Likewise, I tried inserting a 2-Column Section.  It works fine at 6/12 and 6/12, but when I reduce one to 4/12 and increase the other to 7/12, they split.  Is this a bug?

no it's not a bug. Just leave the Offset Amount "0". ( btw - the highest amount for the grid is 12 including offset - you set it to 13 ;-) therefore the section went to the next row.)

Hope I could help.

Nice greetings,

Sii

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

onlineprofiler"] and @[member="Danny, thanks so much.  It's funny, I kept trying and nothing worked. When you both explained it, it made perfect sense.  :)

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Glad to hear it and many thanks to onlineprofiler for jumping in to assist!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

leftcoastmichael hehe

I am going to update the documentation so this is better explained.