• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I am trying to make two columns. In one column a visual slider, in the column alongside it, several hero units that act as links to individual pages. After I clone the hero that is placed in the second column and make the necessary changes to each one, when I publish/refresh the page, all the hero units disappear except the original one. I can add hero units instead of cloning and the same problem happens. Is there something I am doing incorrectly? I have attached a picture of what I am trying to accomplish. 

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hi there, can you re-attach the image it doesn't seem to have come through.

Are you entering content into each hero unit prior to saving/publishing each one? If you can take a screencase using something like jing and record the process of the hero units being added and saved/vanishing and post us a link, we'll take a look to see if there's anything we can see happening.

#3 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Two columns. One with slider, one with hero unit.  

http://screencast.com/t/I5OdsZpy4Gm

I cloned the hero unit.

http://screencast.com/t/uyiIJLyUU8y

changed the information and then published it.

http://screencast.com/t/OLG9jFXiU

After I refreshed, when I hover over both hero units, only the second one allows me to click on it and edit it.

I cloned the second hero unit and repeated the process. Again, I am unable to hightlight the first unit--only the last two.

I refresh the page and only the first unit is there.

http://screencast.com/t/nQhdoa5Nig7

usually the hero units will stay the first refresh or two, then they will mysteriously disappear at some point when I refresh the page. They inevitably disappear after about the third refresh. 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to make sure you have the latest version of DMS and disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and see if this resolves your issue. As I am unable to recreate your issue - http://d.pr/i/GzdS

#5 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

latest version of dms and I disabled all active plugins except dms pro tools and the issue is not resolved

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hi, OK, so I think I have recreated your issue, which I will report. However, if you do not clone the Hero section, you should be OK.

#7 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I have tried not cloning and I run into the same problem 

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Then we'll have to wait to see what happens when Danny's report is answered.

#9 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Everything I place in the second column is disappearing, not just the hero units.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Can you create an admin user and mail the login info (WP does this for you) to robert@pagelines.com ?

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hi,

Well, I went in, and you're right, the hero elements can be cloned, but then vanish, on refresh.

It must be a plugin conflict with Jetpack or one of its components.  I disabled the mobile view plugin, and that still did not help. 

I found an errant <B> in your first hero, and cleaned that up. If you placed that there, please don't. It's still a BOLD element, and creating an open one, without closing it can cause subsequent elements to be boldened.

I did not wish to deactivate JetPack, since I don't know which you're using, and which you're not.

Using a mobile view plugin isn't advisable, as DMS is already mobile ready, and they would create conflicts.

I note too, that you have a Pro membership, but did not activate it on that site, and you're not activated on the forum as a pro member.

Probably best that I discuss this situation with our developers.

#12 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

I deactivated jetpack and I still run into the same problem. How do I activate my pro membership? I thought I had already done this. 

#13 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi @lnajarian - To activate your site you'll want to follow the directions at http://docs.pageline...ed/installation. If you're unsure of your activation key, consult the email that you received when you first ordered DMS Pro.

#14 lnajarian

lnajarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Is there any other way that I can get the same effect that I want without using the hero units? I really need this issue resolved soon. 

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Okay,  I did a test:  http://www.epicurusg....com/dms104test

I added a two column section. Implemented a Quickslider in the left, then one Hero Unit in the right column. I cloned it, edited, published, cloned and edited, then published again.

I used this CSS:

.my-hero-sb .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 {
    font-size: 27px;
    font-weight: 600;
    letter-spacing: -1px;
    line-height: 1;
}
.my-hero-sb .pl-hero-reverse .pl-hero-image {
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 5px;
}

I know you have more complex CSS for yours, but this worked perfectly for me.  I've had my colleagues test it too. And it works without problems.

Thus it must be something on your server or something you've added in your customization that's causing the disappearance.

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

OK,

I have just tried to recreate your issue again and Its not happening. Therfore, can you email me your admin username and password, along with a link to the site in question and I will try to recreate it on your site.

danny at pagelines dot com

#17 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi @lnajarian

I tried to recreate your issue but I am unable to replicate the disappearing clones. I wasn't sure which slider you were using so I just used QuickSlider.

My column widths were 7 on the left and 5 on the right.

Screenshot:

Can you enable debug in the PageLines admin panel? It's located under Global Options -> Advanced. Please provide us with the link after you've done this.