Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Supersized Feature in DMS gone?

Question

Posted · Report post

Dear Pagelines Users

I've just got on an other issue, where I can not see the way to reach the goal. In Pagelines Framework, I was able to set supersized background images. (An image to cover the entire background and adjust to the browser viewport.)

In DMS, I find only the Header-, Template-, Footer-Sections, where I can add a background image. But I'm looking for one single image, used behind Header-, Template- & the Footer-Section. In the Page-Settings, I could not find a DMS image setting. Is this no longer possible? (I currently use WP-Supersized, but would prefer a DMS built solution, as I don't need the many (cool) features of WP-Supersized.)

Kind regards

Jonas

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi hauserjo - If you navigate the DMS visual editor to Global Options - Color & Style, you'll see a section titled "Background Image Settings" which should accomplish the look you're going for.

Posted · Report post

Hi Jake

Thanks for the swift response. I already stumbled upon this setting. And ahh yes, it does the supersized feature. I deactivated it again, as I did not find any solution to provide multiple images as background, one per page. So thanks for pointing me toward this, but how can I setup a background image per page?

Kind regards

Jonas

Posted · Report post

Hi hauserjo - that's a good question. The supersize feature itself uses jquery and I'm not sure there is a way to define a different image per page in that manner. What you could try is uploading large enough backgrounds to fill the area and defining them individually per page via custom css like:

body .site-wrap background: {url("/path-to-your-image/imagename.jpg") no-repeat fixed 0 0;}

That would be for your homepage, for example. And then for the other pages you'd modify the CSS for each specific page id like:

page-id-xx, body .site-wrap {url("/path-to-your-image/imagename.jpg") no-repeat fixed 0 0;}

Give that a try and see how it goes.