Photo

Trouble with migration of platformpro site, super frustrated

migration problems

Best Answer toddatkins , 28 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Rob, that wasn't my cpanel password it was the username, but thanks for the vigilence.  Migrate server instead of cpanel?  Dude, I'm not sure what you're asking.  But a pkgacct command will create an entire cpanel backup including databases and all in a "cpmove" file.  I can't even get in my wp-admin because it redirects to my existing (old site) remember I havent changed DNS yet.  Wish I could do the permalinks refresh but I can't even get in.  Sucks.  May have to try to redo it all manually.  Old server is active/available.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA
  • Framework Version:2.41

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hello, I still have a site that is on platformpro, and it's updated to latest version.  It has a few plugins but a relatively stable site.  (See:  http://batonrougecounseling.net)

I am attempting to transfer hosting to a new host, and so I had the old hosting do a complete cpanel backup via the pkgacct tool, i.e. a cpmove-xxx.tar.gz file was created (the new host even used the same old username for the cpanel, EDITED for Security Purposes), and then uploaded and restored on the new host cpanel.  I have not transferred DNS yet.   Restore went fine but I get the following errors  (you can see what's happening at:  http://143.95.93.196/~batonro1/  

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 321
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 56
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 56
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 49

*****AND when I go to my login page /wp-admin/ I get the following errors (and I can't even log in to my wp-admin at all.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 164
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 167
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 170
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 173
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 176
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 178
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 180
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 202
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 206
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 224
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 225
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 227
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 321
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 49
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php:164) in /home/batonro1/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it?

I am super frustrated and about to lose my mind!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The new hosting place says "You may need to contact the theme developer regarding this issue. We may disable show errors in PHP for the page to display properly; however, this will not address the source of the error messages.  If you are aware of any server side settings that need to be set, please let us know, and we should be able to adjust them for you."

Please help yall.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hi Todd,

Well, first, I removed your cPanel password as I presume you do not want some hacker given permission to destroy your site.  NOTE: Never publish passwords in a public forum.  Surest way to be attacked.

Next, I am curious why you didn't simply tell the host to migrate the old server to the new, rather than just cPanel?  Doing that will include everything, versus leaving databases, and other stuff you'll need in the old machine.

It's possible, this is a permalinks issue.  Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything (That's IMPORTANT), just save.  Often, this fixes 404 errors in migrations as it forces WP to update all the links to the new machine.

Is the old server still active and available?

If so, use the WP export utility to export all your content.   Also, use PlatormPro's export settings functions available via its dashboard.

If not, I'm not quite sure what you're going to do. If you've not changed DNS yet, don't.  Certainly not without making sure the new site is fully in receipt of your old content.

#3 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA
  • Framework Version:2.41

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:26 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Rob, that wasn't my cpanel password it was the username, but thanks for the vigilence.  Migrate server instead of cpanel?  Dude, I'm not sure what you're asking.  But a pkgacct command will create an entire cpanel backup including databases and all in a "cpmove" file.  I can't even get in my wp-admin because it redirects to my existing (old site) remember I havent changed DNS yet.  Wish I could do the permalinks refresh but I can't even get in.  Sucks.  May have to try to redo it all manually.  Old server is active/available.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi Todd,

This isn't really a PageLines specific issue, its related to your moving your website to a new host, the errors you encounter will probably still be visible if you changed theme. I recommend you read through the following Wordpress codex article, it should assist you.

http://codex.wordpre...oving_WordPress

If you still require assistance, I would contact your new host and ask them for help, as they're the best people to assist you.