Photo

Thumbnail size in magazine layout

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 cmscritic

cmscritic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Why is the thumbnail size all over the map in blog layout and for the first two featured posts in magazine layout? There is no consistent size despite the fact that I have a specific size defined in my media settings for WP. I see nowhere to hard code the size or realign the pics. Please advise

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

It's supposed to do this automatically. You may be having a plugin conflict? A link to your site would help.

#3 cmscritic

cmscritic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:10 PM

I figured out the first bit. I can't show a link at the moment because the site is in maintenance mode. The problem was resolved by re-adding the featured image in the post page. I am trying to figure out how to change the image size/alignment of the images in magazine view on the front page. Right now the thumbnails are quite small and I'd like to make them larger and centered above the title. How is that done? Also, I don't see any documentation on how to set up the featured slider to actually show images from posts when you tell it to pull from a post source.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Right now the features slider will pull content and titles from posts, but the media has to be inserted. Did you set the category ID for the category you want to pull from? (in Feature Settings) For the magazine thumbs use this CSS ` body .clip .post-title { clear:left; } ` Then in template.postloop.php you'd need to find this line `` and change 40 to something larger. To keep a custom template.postloop.php file you can copy it from platform into your Base child theme and make the changes there.