Photo
- - - - -

Exclude one category from CSS changes & Add secondary navigation to category

category post modification css adapt secondary navigation

Best Answer James B , 27 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hi there,

I've adjusted the category for you so this relates to Framework and not DMS. Unfortuantely we can't provide the direct css code to achieve this as that's classed as designing the site which outside of out support spectrum. 

However, you can achieve each of the above using css, depending on your setup.

1. I would like my post date to show in the Press Releases category (and posts), but not my service area categories (and posts).

You can add the date/meta to both pages in the PageLines>site options>blogs and posts and then use css to hide on the page where it's not required using page specific css.

For example something like .my category .post-meta .metabar {display:none;}

2. I would like the content box section to be hidden in the Press Releases category.

What do I need to put in the CSS so that the "content box" section is shown in all categories EXCEPT the Press Releases category?

.category-name .content-box {display:none;}

3. I would like my Press Releases category to have a secondary navigation just like the other pages in my Newsroom. Is this possible?

Current Press Releases page with secondary nav -> http://highlandscsb.org/pressreleases/

What do I need to put in the CSS so that the "simple nav" and "banners" sections are visible in the Press Releases category and hidden in the others?

.page-id-xxxx .secondnav {display:none;}  replacing the page id with the id from your site.

Hope this helps

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 strapanese

strapanese

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Goal: I would like to add a category for “Press Releases” so my press releases can be posts in their own category, but this category will be formatted differently than the other existing categories.

What I have...

I have my current categories acting as "Service Areas" and our agency's Programs are posts under the Service Area categories. These Service Area categories are formatted to have an image and description at the top and to show the entire content of each Program (post).

What I want...

I want my Press Releases category to have a secondary navigation bar and show a set number or preview characters from the Press Release (post), along with the post date.

THE BREAKDOWN...

1. I would like my post date to show in the Press Releases category (and posts), but not my service area categories (and posts).

Service area category -> http://highlandscsb....ory/outpatient/

I just don’t know how to adapt the CSS to exclude one category.

2. I would like the content box section to be hidden in the Press Releases category.

What do I need to put in the CSS so that the "content box" section is shown in all categories EXCEPT the Press Releases category?

3. I would like my Press Releases category to have a secondary navigation just like the other pages in my Newsroom. Is this possible?

Current Press Releases page with secondary nav -> http://highlandscsb.org/pressreleases/

What do I need to put in the CSS so that the "simple nav" and "banners" sections are visible in the Press Releases category and hidden in the others?

Please advise if this is possible. Will email moderator if necessary.

#2 strapanese

strapanese

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm sorry...this is a CMS Pagelines Framework topic, not a DMS topic. Can you direct me to someone who can help?

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:01 PM   Best Answer

Hi there,

I've adjusted the category for you so this relates to Framework and not DMS. Unfortuantely we can't provide the direct css code to achieve this as that's classed as designing the site which outside of out support spectrum. 

However, you can achieve each of the above using css, depending on your setup.

You can add the date/meta to both pages in the PageLines>site options>blogs and posts and then use css to hide on the page where it's not required using page specific css.

For example something like .my category .post-meta .metabar {display:none;}

.category-name .content-box {display:none;}

.page-id-xxxx .secondnav {display:none;}  replacing the page id with the id from your site.

Hope this helps

#4 strapanese

strapanese

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks so much!

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: category, post, modification, css, adapt, secondary navigation