pagelines_print_js function giving repeated PHP errors

Question

Posted · Report post

I am getting the following PHP error on my website every 2-4 seconds.  My website is http://evscicats.com.  Here's the error:

PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'pagelines_print_js' not found or invalid function name in /wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

I am currently using DMS 1.0.3 with child theme enabled.   I am not upgrading to 1.0.4 just yet because I ran into some issues with that today which may or may not be related to this error (see the very bottom for the quick story on 1.0.4).

I looked at the plugin.php file and here is what is showing at line 406.

call_user_func_array($the_['function'], array_slice($args, 0, (int) $the_['accepted_args']));

Any ideas?

In case it's related to the above, this morning I updated to 1.0.4 and installed the Pagelines Pro Plugin v1.0.  Looking back, I should have done some testing to make sure this update was going to be ok, but I didn't and so I installed the theme update and found out I had to also install the Pro Plugin after I refreshed the website.  I installed the plugin and everything appeared to be find and so I went back to doing my job which is teaching.  Then the problems started happening... The update caused the Ubermenu search box to display search result featured images above the menu as list menu items and PHP errors began to mount and eventually my website crashed.  Since the reboot of my database, I deleted the Pro Plugin and rolled back the theme to 1.0.3.  The search problem is fixed and results are now displaying in the content area like normal, but this new problem exists.  Before the update, I wasn't getting any PHP errors.  Could this be related to the above?

Thanks for listening and for any support you can give.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

I have a test running 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and I am encountering this error anywhere. I have visited your website and I am unable to see the error, so where is the error being displayed?

Also can you disable all active plugins and see if the error persists, if it doesn't it's related to one of your plugins. Can you also enable PL Debug mode please. You can do this by going to DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced.

Posted · Report post

I'll have to deactivate plugins tonight when my teachers aren't using the site.  TGIF! No school tomorrow so perfect timing to turn off plugins!  We average 7,000-8,000 page views a day so I don't want to cause any issues for users on the front end turning off some of my plugins such as the Active Directory Authentication we use for teachers to login to the website.  

I will tell you that the errors seem to be triggered when I click around on the backend/admin side of the site.  I can click around all I want on the front end and the errors don't happen.  I will report either tonight or tomorrow what I find.  Thanks!

Posted · Report post

pagelines_print_js is in PageLines Framework NOT DMS

Posted · Report post

Thanks Simon_P for that info.  My website is part of a WP MultiSite setup so last night I changed all my websites to DMS that were Framework and deleted Framework from the server.  So far, no more errors.  Still haven't updated to 1.0.4 and the Pro Tools.  Will test that on a separate setup.

Thanks guys!

Jerrad

Posted · Report post

Jerrad, 

I just updated to 1.0.4 and added Pro Tools, without any troubles.