Do away with Local Scope, Make everything global scope.

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Dms needs to do away with the local scope region.  The Header and Footer are global scope regions wich means if I save a text box with text in this area, it will show up on all pages using the template.   But lets say I want to add a second sidebar to the main content area which is under local scope,  If I drop a widgetizer into a column and select a sidebar, when I save this template, all pages using this template will now show an emtyp widgetizer instead of the sidebar I selected.    You dms developers need to understand that we need the ability to make anything we desire to be global, in order to achive even the most basic concept of a left and right sidebar.

How can you globaly / permanantly place elements into the template area between the header and footer ?

Posted · Report post

HI there - i moved this to Idea's & Feedback 

Posted · Report post

Is there any way to make a section appear by choice within certain pages and not within others? Trying to do that now, which is how I ended up here. I want to have a custom menu section in the template area. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

globalnative

Unfortunately, not at the moment, unless you either create a separate template or use custom CSS. However, the CSS method is simply hiding the section from displaying, it will still be loaded and in your page source.

Posted · Report post

@globalnative: yes, that's what page templates are for

Posted · Report post

My problem is the same, I tried to use different templates and the result is the same with a category page: the changes I make on one page, local settings of course, appear on the other category page, with different local settings. It looks like we can't use local settings on a category page, is that right? So how can I manage a page with posts?

TIA for your answer,

Ines

Posted · Report post

thanks, but I don't think it will do the trick, setting differently two category pages.

Posted · Report post

I see.