#21 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

No it doesn't.

You site is slow, because as I have already informed you, you're using an image that is 4288 × 2848 as a Featured Image for your post. That image is 16.2MB and the option you're using is "On Top" which uses the Full Sized Image.

http://d.pr/i/CmJi

So you have two options:

1. Reduce the size of your image so that it is not 16.2MB in size or 4288 × 2848 dimensions (highly recommended). A Featured Image shouldn't and doesn't need to be size.

2. If you do not like how the "On Top" option works, change to Left Justified, Left, in Excerpt or Right in Excerpt, as these three options use the Thumbnail and not the full sized image like On Top.

#22 webmatros

webmatros

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen
  • Framework Version:DMS latest

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

I understand what you're saying. Have been from the start.

But let me repeat: I expected DMS to dynamically create the exact, needed size, since that's what I'm used to from any WooThemes theme, Headway, Genesis, etc. Themes not dynamically making a proper thumbnail for featured images, is something I haven't encountered since 2009 or so. Apart from DMS. So please excuse me, and stop adressing me as if I'm dumb. I've already pointed out several times I know what you're saying, so stop repeating it ad nauseam, please;)

Yes, I could reupload my images. And that would probably be more time-efficient for me. Why do I spend so much time on this issue, debating it here? Because I want DMS to work better. Because I need DMS to work flawlessly for clients. In a way, I'm doing you a service by pointing out a design flaw in DMS.

#23 Donna111

Donna111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi there

There are so many useful information here

For image resising ,i usually use another image size zooming tool.But it can only zoom in and out image in wep page.So i want to know is there

any powerful third party program supportst to resize image offline?Thanks for any recommendation.

#24 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

I am by no means addressing you as though you're dumb, but you haven't understood what I wrote above. WooThemes, Headway, Genesis etc.. do not create dynamic image sizes, these are created by Wordpress and not the theme (unless they have added extra code, which I don't think they have). When you use the Featured Image option, the image is generated a number of times (this may depend on your image) with different sizes.

your-image-name-150x150.jpg

your-image-name-300x300.jpg

your-image-name-400x400.jpg

These images can be found in your uploads folder unless you changed it and there can be more sizes that depend on your image original dimensions.

However, your original question was this:

Why doesn't Flipper resize the image files? Makes this page a 22MB download for 6 posts!

Your page is that large because of your image sizes, which are just far to large. Now, Flipper has been updated to allow you to select which image.

However, regardless if Wordpress generates numerous sizes of your images or not, your images are far to large to begin with, like I have shown you in a previous post 16.2mb for one image is just too large. You need to reduce these images, it is not the themes or Wordpress job reduce your image for you, that is why there are numerous image optimization services and apps out there, you can even use Adobe Photoshop or GIMP.

Wordpress also has an article on this very subject in it's condex - http://codex.wordpre...ize_and_Quality

Now, as for the reason why you have a 16.2mb file as your blogs post thumb, this is because you're using the "On Top" option which uses the full size image, if you use any other option your image will not be this large as it will use a thumb.

So I will speak to one of developers and ask them. However, I remember a similar question being brought up a few years ago regarding this and there was a reason as to why it was using the full size image.