Photo
- - - - -

Cannot make any change

Best Answer James B , 26 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hi there,

We've logged into the site and were able to disable the plugins, I've tested the saving by placing the boxes section in to the header and it's displayed on the main site. I've since removed but left the plugins deactivated so you can log in and test.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adminuni

adminuni

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hello!

Since few days ago I have not been able to make any changes. When I go to Edit Page and make a change, when I click update, all the changes I made disappears. I read the rules of posting..and it said to deactivate any caching plugin, so I clicked on deactivate for WP Super Cache and at the top in yellow it says that the plugin has been deactivated, but nothing has actually changed.

I would go through the plugins to see what is effecting, but since I can't deactivate any plugins I don't know what other solutions there would be. Any help would be much appreciated.

It is a password protected page so please let me know where I should send username/password.

Thanks!

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hello Adminuni 

When you say you can't deactivate any plugins is this that you are working on a live site? you can re-activate the plugins if we can find the plugin that may be causing the issue.

#3 adminuni

adminuni

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hi Martin!

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, it is a live site but I am trying to deactivate the plugin, it just isn't letting me.

When I click deactivate, it just says 'Plugin deactivated' (in yellow) at the top of the page, but the plugin is still active.

Hope that makes it more clear.

Thanks!

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hello Adminuni 

If you want to create an admin account for us on your site and send the crednetials to our support address, hello @ pagelines.com we can jump on your site and take a look for you. 

Please include a link to the forum topic so we can match them up. 

#5 adminuni

adminuni

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Just sent an email, thank you!

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:27 PM   Best Answer

Hi there,

We've logged into the site and were able to disable the plugins, I've tested the saving by placing the boxes section in to the header and it's displayed on the main site. I've since removed but left the plugins deactivated so you can log in and test.

#7 adminuni

adminuni

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

The site is working now, thank you so so much!

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Excellent, glad it worked :-) Have a great weekend