Photo

Installed new theme, when activated website is blank

Best Answer greenfly , 26 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Harmony 2.0 isn't a PageLines theme http://wordpress.org...mes/harmony-2-0 in order to get support with this you will need to contact the theme developer http://wordpress.org...eme/harmony-2-0

With regards Preview in PageLines products. Preview has been disabled as it does not give an accurate representation of PageLines sites as preview doesn't take into account CSS/LESS. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DiamondCreekEquine

DiamondCreekEquine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Framework Version:2.4?

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

I installed Harmony 2.0 and its parent Twenty Twelve. When I click "Live Preview" I am directed to a page that asks for my log in/password. When I enter that, the page tells me I logged in successfully, then logs me back out. I keep trying it, and the page says I've logged in but then kicks me right back to the log in screen. I even tried the "remember me" button.

So, I shouldn't have, but I went ahead and clicked "Activate". I went back to view the website at www.diamondcreekequine.com but the page was totally blank...nothing! I switched back to the PageLines framework to keep functionality but I hate that theme. I am new to PageLines, so please dumb it down for me, if at all possible :)

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hello DiamonCreekEquine 

Can you just clarify for me - is the problem appearing when you switch from Framework to Harmony 2.0/Twenty Twelve? 

#3 DiamondCreekEquine

DiamondCreekEquine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Yes, the framework works fine. It's when I activate the Harmony 2.0 that the website blanks out. Side note - the "live preview" doesn't work for any theme I have installed; it just keeps asking for my password over and over.

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:13 PM   Best Answer

Harmony 2.0 isn't a PageLines theme http://wordpress.org...mes/harmony-2-0 in order to get support with this you will need to contact the theme developer http://wordpress.org...eme/harmony-2-0

With regards Preview in PageLines products. Preview has been disabled as it does not give an accurate representation of PageLines sites as preview doesn't take into account CSS/LESS. 

#5 DiamondCreekEquine

DiamondCreekEquine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thanks!

#6 DiamondCreekEquine

DiamondCreekEquine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hi again, 

WordPress keeps telling me to come back here and PageLines says to go there...I tried several other themes and they also do not work, the website just goes blank unless I am using the PageLines framework. Please help!

#7 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

HI DiamoncreekEquine 

Sorry to say that if the Framework works on your site but other themes do not there work there isn't much we can do to help with this. 

Websites 'white screening' is often related to PHP errors. To investigate and resolve these errors it may be necessary to speak to your hosting provider. 

Sorry but we cannot support other themes as i'm sure you can understand.