#1 barkingsheltie

barkingsheltie

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • LocationThousand Tokes
  • Framework Version:DMS 0.9.6

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Would be cool if we can receive email notification when new product added to store, or update. 

Plus, is it just me, but when I go to page 2 in sections/plugins, it seems that some items from page 1 are now included   :D

Im sure its been noted, but being able to sort by date, etc would be helpful. 

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

Good points.

Actually, it's not just you.  The store does carry over items from page to page.  I'm unclear why it does that.

I'm not sure about sorting the store by date as all the Store products are maintained up to date, compared to products found for example, in the WP Repository.  There, dates are important as many products become deprecated or incompatible with the latest WP version. Our developers are always active keeping things current.

#3 barkingsheltie

barkingsheltie

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • LocationThousand Tokes
  • Framework Version:DMS 0.9.6

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks Rob,

With regards to date sorting - there are apparently 3 pages for sections - 'apparently', as you indicate, there is some rollover between pages. But suppose there are 3+ or more pages at some time. 

If there isn't an automatic update process for plugs/sections, one useful option for users, is to be able to sort by date, newest first, including updates. Therefore, we don't have to guess. 

This is also useful to see what is new - its not clear this is the purpose served by "Featured". 

#4 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hello 

I have passed on these suggestions on to the Store Team Manager for you. Hopefully they can clarify this for us directly or i will let you know what they say. 

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi @barkingsheltie - thanks for your great comments and feedback.

If you use a feed reader, you can get a notification whenever a new product is added by subscribing to the feed http://www.pagelines.com/shop/feed/.  Additionally, if you'd prefer not to use a feed reader, then you might find this link useful (to send the feed to you in an email) http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/send-an-rss-feed-to-your-email-account/50319

Regarding page 2 sometimes displaying the same products as page 1, this is most likely because of the "random" setting in the sorting field. Woocommerce must not consider page 1 when assigning random products for page 2. Unfortunately this is an issue with the Woocommerce plugin we use for the store but I have passed this information on to our developers so they can take a look.

You can also sort by newness. Just select the option in the drop down box. This does not take updates into consideration (as I'm afraid that would be abused) but rather when the product was released.

I hope that helps! :)

• Jake likes this