Soap boxes or box sections?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I searched on the forums but see no substitutes for boxes or a way to have a page automatically populate a category of posts. Anyboady show me where they are? 

Thank You,

Jesus

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Jesus,

Boxes are replaced with iBoxes in DMS, or with The Responsive Grid  http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/responsive-grid

You can replicate boxes, or soapboxes used in Framework using either of these two things in DMS.

Posted · Report post

Any chance boxes will be brought back? I recently built a site and invested heavy time and resources relying on boxes (cuz I loved it).

Alas, would love to update to DMS, but without this key piece (the reason I purchased Pagelines to begin with), am really questioning whether the monthly fee that I continue to pay has any benefit.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi there, DMS has iboxes, which display the same as the previous boxes section. You can use an image, title, text etc.

Posted · Report post

Not by a long shot, James.

iBoxes does not allow individual boxes to be tagged or set into categories so they can be used on multiple pages or posts but appear in different orders or randomly.

Posted · Report post

The Boxes section was a simple custom post with some options and styling, the tags and category are part of any CPT if you have configured them to use them. So you can easily replicate that functionality by creating a custom post type.

Also, a lot of users actually used the legacy Boxes section in away that wasn't intended, they were adding shortcodes to plugins to display posts or a list of posts from a specific category. The Boxes section was meant to be used to house simply content in a box format, where the SoapBox section simply added the addition of buttons.

So if any user wants to display posts from a specific category, then can do easily using the grid, imo, using the grid is the better option has you have more control.