Photo

Boxes | Changing the permalinks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

I must be missing something simple. In other places, I can change the permalink via a slug somewhere, but in the Boxes, it doesn't appear to show any input fields. How can I change the permalinks? edit: I see I can change it via the QuickEdit function in WP, but I can't find that input field while editing the Boxes content itself. Just, FYI.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

why would you want a permalink for a box?

#3 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

Well, in one place they are called "permalinks" when you edit the Box, and when you quickedit, they are called the "slug". So, when you edit the Box, it reflects a permalink of `?boxes=dragdrop-design` and when you quickedit it shows `dragdrop-design` as the slug. I suppose it doesn't matter unless you are the goof like me who, instead of simply deleting the content, I'm editing it and putting what I want in the default layout. So... nevermind?

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

Hmm, are we talking about boxes or the big feature? If we're talking about the feature, there is a field to paste in a URL for where you want the "More" link to go to. If you're adding a link to a box you would want to manually add it like so: `Learn More` Linking to a page/post however you want based on how you originally named it. Thanks, Bryan

#5 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

eh, nevermind. It's late.

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:49 AM