Photo
- - - - -

Compiled CSS, where to find or reset

less compiled-css

Best Answer Danny , 25 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hi,

The compiled CSS isn't reseting your custom CSS in your child theme, its just that your child theme doesn't have priority. To override the default CSS, you will need to prefix your custom rules with one of the following:

#site or #page

For example:

#site .example {
     color: #232425;
}

This information is also covered in the PageLines Framework docs - http://support.pagel...ion/custom-css/

Scroll down until you see the section called "PageLines Overrides"
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hello, some compiled CSS is reseting my CSS rules in style.css (child theme), I have no custom code in Pagelines site options, where can I find or reset this compiled code?

I have no caché plugin or similar

Thank you

Attached Files

#2 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- If you navigate to the DMS visual editor - Global Options - Resets you'll see a button to flush the CSS/LESS cache. I think that will do the trick.

#3 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sorry, DMS visual editor? I don't know where that is, I'm using Pagelines framework

Thank you

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hi,

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options.  Scroll down to the very bottom of the screen, and you'll see Restore Defaults as an option. 

Take care here, because this will wipe everything you setup in Framework clean.  You will have to rebuild your site from scratch - logo, branding, colors, layout... the works. 

Compiled CSS is dynamic, and thus shouldn't have to be cleared this way.  Just remove your custom code from any added to child theme stylesheets or PageLines Customize stylesheets.  Save the settings and the Compiled CSS will be cleared of any custom code.  That does not include code from plugins, so deactivate those as well.

Why do you believe clearing the compiled CSS is the right way to do this?  Moreover, what's wrong that you feel the need to do it?  Maybe we can help address that issue, and save you from messing up the site.

#5 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Restore defaults... sounds very dangerous, I won't dare to do that, I have too many options and layouts configured. I need to clear compiled CSS because, as you can see in the image I attached (from DOM inspector in Chrome), compiled code is nullifying my margin-right: 20px. I thought compiled code was produced by custom code in site options, but I emptied all this custom code.

Thank you

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:11 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

The compiled CSS isn't reseting your custom CSS in your child theme, its just that your child theme doesn't have priority. To override the default CSS, you will need to prefix your custom rules with one of the following:

#site or #page

For example:

This information is also covered in the PageLines Framework docs -

Scroll down until you see the section called "PageLines Overrides"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: less, compiled-css