• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hello, my blog page only shows las blog page, when I clic "previous entries" it goes back to first page instead of

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I guess it might be related with a problem I've detected, evrytime I hit any action in admin panel, htaccess file gets modified (reset to default), might this be related to Pagelines Framework? It's happening since last update (big update, I also updated some other plugins, also from Pagelines family).

What should be a correct htaccess for correct paging? This is my htaccess now:

Plus, another cuestion: not all my entries or categories are shown in blog page/category, where do I config which categories show up in this page?

Thank you

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

The code you have in .htaccess is absolutely correct.  Here's mine for comparison:

Framework has no reason to re-write your .htaccess file.  Very likely that is a server related problem, such as permission or ownership, which requires the attention of your hosting company.

It could be a plugin having a conflict with the last Wordpress update.  Try deactivating the plugins via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins and see if this helps.

Did you re-save the permalinks? This is often a good easy step.  To do this, go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and do not change anything.  Just save the permalinks as they are.  Often, this will resolve broken link issues in WordPress.

Let us know if these steps work.

#3 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

The one reseting .htaccess was a plugin, I found out seaching for flush_rewrite_rules through files, so it has been disabled. I still can't access previous posts,

redirects to

(save permalinks setting didn't help)

Any other ideas?

And another question: what makes a post to appear or not appear in blog page?

Thank you

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

The addition of the Content/PostLoop section makes the posts appear.

Can you please send us specific links to your site instead of demo links?  I can't diagnose example.com.

Also, if you have a cache plugin activated, please clear the cache via the plugin, then deactivate it.

Thanks.

#5 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

There's no cache plugin,

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Can you disable all plugins and enable PageLines Debug mode. You can do this by going to PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Once enabled, reply here and we can take a closer look.

#7 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

I can't disable plugins, and about debug mode... i's a production site, what implications does that have?

#8 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi @

- Debug mode will just allow us to take a look at possible issues with your server settings, it won't cause problems with your live site.

#9 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Debug mode is on

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

Your issue is most likely related to one of the following:

1. A plugin conflict, you will need to disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

2. An error in the way you have set your blog up or related to your permalinks.

3. An issue with your server configuration, you're using PHP version 5.2, I recommend you contact your host and ask them to upgrade you to a later version.

Please be aware, that if you're unwilling to disable your plugins, we are powerless to assist you further. As we need to know that your issue isn't caused by a plugin.

#11 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thank you, I'll try it in a local environment, I don't think 2 and 3 are real candidates, as I have a newer PHP in localhost and it's happening here also, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Thank you

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

OK, if this is happening locally, then its most likely related to your plugins if you have all the plugins installed on your live site on your local site. Let us know how you go when you start disabling those plugins.

#13 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I cleaned plugins and set up a development site, in development paging is working ok and not in productions, PHP and MySql versions are the same and they have the same plugins active...

See:

(dev)

(prod)

And:

(working)

(not working)

Any other ideas? As a strange thing, some times

has shown the rss page, I think I saw this before but I don't remember when or where, I also detected the plugin which was resetting htaccess all the time and disabled it, but it wasn't causing the problem.

Thank you

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Both links are doing the same thing and displaying RSS and not your blogs second page. Please disable all active plugins, meaning you have zero active, then reply here and let us test it.

If the issue is still persisting when you have no plugins active then its most likely an issue with your Wordpress config or server configuration.

Also, if you disable your PageLines themes and replace it with Twenty Eleven, Twelve or Thirteen, is the issue still exist, if it doe then you will need to contact Wordpress support as this related to Wordpress and not PageLines.

#15 rafaeldesilva

rafaeldesilva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Sorry for that, it's quite strange behaviour, I was emptying cache in each test and the error seems to have appeared after my tests or the server has it's own cache...

Anyway, now all plugins are disabled and (right now) I get an error:

(error message says not a valid feed template)

Thank you

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

If you have disabled all active plugins, which your debug info suggests, then this is most likely a Wordpress or server related issue.

Try the following:

1. Revert to your Permalinks to default and see if this resolves your issue. 

2. If #1 doesn't resolve your issue, try deleting your .htaccess file, via FTP. Once deleted, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and do nothing but click Save. Then try again.

3. If that doesn't work, try switching to another theme, such as Twenty Twelve or Thirteen and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, then its an issue with either your Wordpress installation or a server issue and you will need to contact both Wordpress and your web host provider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blog, page