Photo
Filtering

Filtering Plugin - Can you click the featured image and visit external URL?

Best Answer evscicats , 02 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Jenny for posting.  And thank you Ellen for responding and your willingness to look into this for me.

Jerrad

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 evscicats

evscicats

Advanced Member

• Members

• 77 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.0.6

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

When I used Framework for my website theme, I used the Boxes section on a page that showed thumbnails linked to external websites that my teachers visit often.  They loved having this page when they use the interactive whiteboards and iPads in the classroom because the links were easy to find and interact with using the featured images.  Now that I'm using DMS, there's not a Boxes section that can do what Boxes did... at least not that I know of.  I have purchased Filtering and plan on using it for some other things, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can use it like the old Boxes section where the images are linked to external URLs plus have the added benefit of filtering.  

Can I do this with Filtering and if yes, how?

Thanks,

Jerrad

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 332 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

@evscicats Sorry, Filtering isn't currently setup to do what you are asking. It's a very interesting idea for a section though. I'll check with other developers too and see if anyone has a section like that or are planning one.

I'll keep you posted.

Ellen

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

#4 evscicats

evscicats

Advanced Member

• Members

• 77 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.0.6

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:52 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Jenny for posting.  And thank you Ellen for responding and your willingness to look into this for me.

Jerrad

• Jenny likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filtering