How to remove spacing under footer

Question

Posted · Report post

I hope this is a quick/easy question. Why does this site, still in dev, not go all the way to the bottom? http://hoffmangraphics.com/linda/

It’s not just how long the copy is on the page because even on long pages there still about 22px of background showing below the footer. I’ve tried making padding-bottom and margin-bottom zero. On the other hand my other dev site at www.solsara.hoffmangraphics.com does go to the bottom. But I can’t figure out what’s doing that and how to add it to Linda’s site.

I hope someone else can see what I'm missing.

Thanks!

Sheila

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Sheila,

This because you're using WP Stats and the image is pushing your content up. Add the following and it should resolve your issue.

#wpstats {
display: none;
}
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Great eye Danny. As it turns out we have Google Anayltics and don't need WP Stats at all. AND for those coming later and looking for an answer the WP Stats admin panel (iJetPack) offers to "Hide the stats smiley face image" which also fixes this problem. Having never seen this "smiley face" I had no idea it was doing that! Amazing. Thank you so much Danny.

Posted · Report post

No problem and I forgot about the option to disable the : ) face lol. So yeah the custom CSS isn't needed :D