Please help! Center logo in navigation

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello! I am in need of an option to center a logo within the navigation, with navigation on both sides. See http://mockingbirdpaperie.com/home/

I ALMOST had in accomplished when I realized that I am not able to add a dropdown in the simple nav, which I need to have. I also tried Hero Nav, but you can only have one menu show in that section, and the same is true ubermenu. So I can't think of any other way to get this to work.  :(

Does anyone know another way to accomplish this? 

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You're using UberMenu, we do not provide support for third party plugins, sections. Therefore, you will need to contact the developer of UberMenu.

Posted · Report post

Danny Thanks for checking it out. Yes, I ended up using the Ubermenu because of the lack of other options. But, it's not doing exactly what I had hoped it would do.

Is there another way to accomplish this. I have tried splitting the menus, Ubermenu, Hero Nav, etc.It just feels like this is a lot more difficult than it should be!

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

You will be able to center your navigation, but it will require custom CSS. We do not provide custom CSS, especially for a third party plugin such as UberMenu.

However if you use the default NavBar you can use the following code:

#site .navbar .navline { text-align: center; float: none; }
#site .navbar .navline > li { display: inline-block; float: none; }

Posted · Report post

Danny Thanks! This will place the logo in the center? I'll give it a try. The problem with using the Ubermenu is that the logo being included within the navigation like it currently is will not work well on mobile devices. What you currently see on that site is a work-around, but not as elegant as I would like it to be.

One other thing... I've been curious about the introduction of the ">" within the pagelines code. Does that work like a comma? I'm never sure if I should leave it in while creating custom code or not.