Photo
- - - - -

correct way to child theming in dms

child theme

Best Answer ddyer , 24 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks ive managed to override sections and sorted the woocommerce plugin.

Do you know if there is plans to bring back live support chat room? 

Thanks 

dyer

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ddyer

ddyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

HI I need to use a child theme and not sure the best route to take. 

I want to customise woocommerce plugin by inserting a new directory, will this work with PL customise plugin or do I need a child theme? 

Also I need to customise the fixed pl nav bar as well as other sections.

Another customisation is to a plugin called woo tickets,  I need to add a directory to dms theme but im aware it would be better to this in a child theme. 

Last ? do i need to activate a child theme wp themes? 

Im working  on a local server server aswell.

Thanks 

dyer 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hi Dyer,

To customize the PageLines Navbar, you will want to use a child theme and follow these instructions here - http://docs.pageline...erride-sections

However, I am unsure as to what you mean when you say customize the WooCommerce plugin, by adding a new directory nor am I sure what you mean with your WooTickets question.

Both of these aren't PageLines products, therefore, I recommend you ask these question on the WooThemes support forums.

#3 ddyer

ddyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:19 AM   Best Answer

Thanks ive managed to override sections and sorted the woocommerce plugin.

Do you know if there is plans to bring back live support chat room? 

Thanks 

dyer

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Live Chat has been discontinued, the reason for this was it was being misused. Live Chat was never intended as a support chat, but as a community channel for PageLines Plus users to discuss PageLines Framework with PageLines staff there to moderate the chat.

The problem was that users were just logging in asking a support question and expecting it to be answered, this includes 99.9% of the time the same user having a forum topic open regarding the very same issue. As you can imagine, it was very difficult to maintain as our support team were answering the user in live chat and then answering the forum topic.

The reason why we have a forum for support questions is that its open to public viewing and allows users to search for questions that may be related to their issue. However, Live chat wasn't open to the public and didn't offer the ability to find previously answered questions effectively.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: child theme