Feature slider using blog posts

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there a way to program a feature slider after the fact that will pull information from the blog that is already developed? Every blog post has featured images already. I'd like for the feature slider to show the featured image and the first 50 words of the post and be clickable to the post. Is this possible? And, if so, how? Or do I have to manually create a feature for every single blog post?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Are you using the Feature Slider from Framework in DMS? 

I understand a new slider that is being built for DMS will allow you to select from posts, and optionally by category.

Posted · Report post

Right now, my client is in the PageLines framework still. I haven't converted her to DMS because she is mid-contract with me. So, no, I am not using the Feature Slider from Framework in DMS.

Posted · Report post

I think I've figured this out after playing around. I can't figure out how to close this topic or delete it. Please consider this topic resolved.

Posted · Report post

Okay, you posted your question in DMS support, not in Framework support, thus my confusion.

Framework Features can be set up to include Sliders from post, by category.  I recommend creating a new category, and applying the posts to that category.

The slides include the feature image, text from the post's excerpt field, and the title is the post title. This can be very easy to do, to keep a rotating slider up to date with your posts.

I'll mark the post resolved for you.